Inspiron 1150 Maximum Total Memory?

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Inspiron 1150 Maximum Total Memory?

This question is not answered

Conflicting info from two different sources for max mem cap of 2004 Inspiron 1150.

One source suggests max is 2 x 512MB.

Another source suggests max is 2 x 1GB.

Can anyone be the adjudicator, please?

PKS.

All Replies
  • mr_straz

Dell's specs, for the Inspiron 1150, states the maximum RAM is 1gb [2 x512mb modules]

See HERE

You could also, post this in, the Laptop forum HERE, this is for Desktop Hardware.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• Bev,

The numbers you give meet up with what I was told by support staff at PCMemory store. I was given the erroneous info orig by a tech support guy from another store - Memory Ten. Thanks for your clarifying info and the Community nav advice.  I'm a long time Dell pc user, but a newbie to this forum.

Pete.

• Pete.

Happy to have helped and welcome to the Community.   Yes   Big Smile

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• Had to write it here. I own an Inspiron 1150 that I brought used, and previously was told that I can only install a maximum of 2 x 512 memory modules. So at the time I had purchased one 512 memory module, forgetting that I had two 256 x 2 memory modules. Ran the 512k and the 256k together, and noticed some sluggish issues. I suspect that my 256k was worn/gone bad. I then went back to MicroCenter and purchased an PC2700 - 333 1 GB memory module, and included it with my laptop. At first I put the 1 GB in the Slot A and 512k in slot B. PC won't boot. I then switched, put the 512k in slot A and 1 GB in slot B. I can confirm that it is highly likely that this laptop can be expanded to 2GB. I currently have 1.5 GB ram running on my Inspiron 1150.

• And running on windows XP.