SDHC memory card reader in Dell Precision m6400 not working - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community

SDHC memory card reader in Dell Precision m6400 not working

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

SDHC memory card reader in Dell Precision m6400 not working

• I have a SDHC memory card from my camera that I want to view on my m6400. When I insert the card in the available card reader, nothing happens.  Any suggestions?

• Hi, rkmurray5103:

Is this the first time you've tried to read this card, or have you been able to read SDHC cards in your laptop before? Do you have a lower capacity SD card you can test?

• I have a different model (XPS) but had same problem---all of a sudden computer was slow, and around same time card readers (all) stopped working. 

Turn off computer.  Unplug power cord.  Wait 10 seconds.  Plug back in.  

Fixed my problems.  Really glad I tried that before uninstalling, etc.  I'm getting the impression that whatever the problem.....  try a simple unplug first.   

• Hey Osprey4,

I have a M6400 and the reader works. I was just curious on if the reader has a capacity max. I tried reading a 128gb micro sd card and it only showed 29gb. So not sure if that is the card issue or the reader. I have read other micro cards, none that high. Do you know?