Upgrade Dell Dimension 9200 to windows 7 x64

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Upgrade Dell Dimension 9200 to windows 7 x64

This question has suggested answer(s)

I have upgraded my dimension to windows x64, but it still comes up and tells me there is some hardware that it doesn't know.

Has anyone got a complete list of drivers and where I can get them for windows 7

All Replies
  • The Intel INF Configuration utility is one source for chipset drivers.

• rdunnill

The Intel INF Configuration utility is one source for chipset drivers.

And you can find it HERE. Yes

Mis Dos Centavos,
    Darrell

Gadfly at large

Helping Dell Customers here since 1998

My systems ...
    Dimension XPS D266 - Now retired
    Toshiba Tecra M1
    Dimension 4300 - Received DOA as a gift. Reinstalled XP and still working great
    Dimension 9150 - Pent D 3.2GHz, 4GB dual-channel 533 DDR2 Windows 7 Pro, Firefox 3.6.14
      Congrats to Jimmie Johnson #48 - FIVE time Nascar Sprint Cup Champ !!!!  

• dwelldon

Has anyone got a complete list of drivers and where I can get them for windows 7

Hello,

The Intel site linked above will get you to the correct motherboard/chipset files.

Dell only has Vista 64 bit for your system downloads. If you know a specific device needing drivers, you can search Google for retail Win7 drivers and files.

Mis Dos Centavos,
    Darrell

Gadfly at large

Helping Dell Customers here since 1998

My systems ...
    Dimension XPS D266 - Now retired
    Toshiba Tecra M1
    Dimension 4300 - Received DOA as a gift. Reinstalled XP and still working great
    Dimension 9150 - Pent D 3.2GHz, 4GB dual-channel 533 DDR2 Windows 7 Pro, Firefox 3.6.14
      Congrats to Jimmie Johnson #48 - FIVE time Nascar Sprint Cup Champ !!!!  

• What hardware drivers do you need? Every stock driver that the Dim 9200/XPS 410 needs is in Windows 7. When I installed Windows 7 Pro 64-bit there were no drivers missing in Device Manager. I then installed my printer driver and any other peripheral driver that I re-attached after the OS install.

Studio XPS 435T/9000 (His)
    Inspiron 1720 (Hers)
    Inspiron 530s (Server)

• Hi,

I have no idea what the device is as it says that its unknown, all the usual components seem to be listed.