Dell Laser Mouse with Windows 7 Problem

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Laser Mouse with Windows 7 Problem

This question is not answered

Hey

we have problem with all our Dell Laser Mouses,
They does not work with any Windows 7 system, (dell and non-dell workstations has been tested)

The mouse seems not compatible with Windows 7 (64bit) version (Swedish).
(Though it works fine with Windows XP.)

Could you please help? where to find (win7 64bit) drivers for this mouse,

Mouse dell product number: 0Y357C (it is a 6 buttons usb laser mouse)

Kind regards
Johnny

All Replies
  • I use that mouse on an XPS Gen 1 DELL laptop running Windows 7 32 Professional and it uses Microsoft Drivers from 6/2006 6.1.7600.16385, it came with my XPS Studio 435T which had Vista 64 bit loaded and the mouse worked great with it and Windows 7 64 Ultimate RC build 7100.

435T i7 975 3.3 GHz Extreme, 12 Gb RAM, 1.5 Tb SATA x 2 internal,Patriot Warp 256 Gb SSD quick release and 1.5 Tb eSATA drive  Windows 7 64 Ultimate, Blu-ray/HD-DVD/RW combo by LG and Blu-ray/RW, 1000/NIC and  Belkin N+  wireless, X-Fi Extreme Soundblaster, Hauppauge 2250 DTV Tuner card with Media Center remote, Bose Surround Sound 5.1 speakers, LifeCam VX 3000 VidCam, Logitech Wireless Desktop Kb and Performance MX Mouse, Bamboo Pen Tablet,  XFX ATi 5870 XXX Edition driving a Vizio 37" HDTV using  Optical Toslink from the X-Fi Extreme Sound Card, also have Pioneer SE-DIR 800C Wireless Dolby DTS Headphones

Black Alienware M17X Q9100 2.26 GHz Extreme, 320Gb HDD0 and 160Gb SSD1,Blu-Ray w/ DVD/RW, 8Gb RAM, WUXGA  Screen, ATI 4870 Crossfire-x,  Alienware TactX Mouse Windows 7 64 Professional.

• Any suggestions if I have tried every logical suggestion? The red light stays on the mouse. Has never worked. Turn on new XPS 9000 Win 7 S520 Logitech and nothing.

• I would also like the solution to this problem.

I have a XPS 435T-9000.  I want to use my Microsoft Bluetooth Laser Mouse with this system

Was I wrong to believe that I could use a wireless bluetooth laser mouse (not built or sold by Dell) with this high end system?  I bought the 1505 WLAN Mini-Card built in and expected  to have plug and play for Bluetooth with Windows 7 and the wireless radio card.  Boy am I ever disappointed.......

So far it's a bust.  My Microsoft Bluetooth laser mouse won't work and I've spent hours looking for solutions at Microsoft and Dell, and even Broadcom..  Nobody seems to have an answer.

What's the deal?

• Welcome to the forums Yes

Try Dell's 'How to pair devices to a Dell bluetooth adapter' advisory Idea

From experience, I've found that:   “Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder”!!

XPS M1730:

Smoke Grey Magnesium Alloy Chassis - with White LED Backlights
    17" UltraSharp WUXGA Widescreen TFT (1920 x 1200) with TrueLife
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz (800 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache)
    4GB (2x 2GB) Patriot Signature PC2-5400 @ 667MHz
    DUAL 512MB Nvidia 8800M GTX cards in SLi + 128MB Ageia PhysX
    640GB SATA II (2x 320GB WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm)
    8x Super-Multi DVD±RW
    Creative X-Fi Notebook (ExpressCard) + Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
    Integrated 2MP Webcam
    Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
    Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card
    TV Tuner and Dell Travel Remote Control
    4-in-1 Flash Card Reader (SSD/MMC/MS Pro/xD)

230W AC Adapter / 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)