Blue screen error message. Won't boot up, even in safe mode. please help!

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Blue screen error message. Won't boot up, even in safe mode. please help!

This question is not answered

I honestly tried to navigate around looking for solutions, but wound up in circles. You all have helped me before with lesser problems, so please, I'm asking your help now for what appears to be a major problem.

I have a Dell Dimension 8250 Desktop with Windows XP Service pack 2

I've kept my antivirus (avast) and spyware (adaware) up to date and use zonealarm for a firewall.

My wife was working on the computer today on facebook and it crashed. Now, when I try to boot up I get this Blue Screen message:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.

Technical information

stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x82350ef0,0xc0000102,0x00000000)

But of course I can't disable or uninstall anything or run anything, because the computer won't boot up at all. Not in Start Windows Normally, not in Safe Mode, not in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

I unplugged anything USB and tried again, same thing.

Please, can you help? Or am I cooked?

Thank you for whatever help you can offer.

All Replies
  • Check out the info HERE may be of help

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• Hi:

Sorry for the delay, but I had to get to a computer with a floppy drive and then block out some time this weekend to work on this. Bottom line: I downloaded the program you suggested onto the floppy, plugged the floppy in and started the computer.

Same exact thing happened. It's like the floppy isn't even there. Computer went straight to attempting to start up windows, always ending back in the same blue screen error message.

Is there anything else you can suggest? Am I stuck taking it to a professional? Best guess on the likelihood, in that case, of retrieving  what's on it?

I appreciate your help and any advice/thoughts/tips you might have.

• Can you boot into the bios? Press the F2 key at the big Dell splash screen. Check the setting of your boot order. If you have a floppy make that the first device in the boot order and try again

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003