I don't know why the first desktop I've ever owned that broke down is a Dell, but it definitely upsets me seeing as how I spent over $2000 on my XPS 420, and less than $600 on any other computer I've ever owned (which I used for 4+ years on average).  I've had this computer for exactly 1.5 years.  It's had a couple of glitches, such as the HDMI cable not working if the computer gets shut off, computer turning itself on sporadically when it is in sleep mode, etc... but this morning it stopped functioning completely. What's worse about all of this, is the $2000 computer I paid for lacks customer support, I have to pay for it.  Of all the "cheapo" computers I've used in the past, I was ALWAYS able to call the manufacturer for free if there was any issue, regardless of how long I'd owned it.

I was awoken by the whirring of the main fan on my computer (another one of those times when the computer decides it's time to wake itself up without anyone's input), except this time the computer never finished it's turn on phase (you know, when the fan quiets down and the thing powers up), I just kept hearing the fan that sounded like a skipping record (sound of it went up and down very fast, over and over and over again, and never stopped).  I looked at it, and the power button was solid amber.  I tried shutting it down and restarting, and again, the same thing.  I went through Dell's lengthy online help program to diagnose my problem, and after tearing every component out of my computer, they told me to contact customer support (of course, I have to pay for it!).  One thing is for sure, I'll never in my life purchase another Dell (as my brother in-law recently had similar problems with his), but I'm hoping someone will be able to help me fix my problem so I can continue using this extremely expensive piece of un-reliable machinery.