Dell Smart Card Keyboard (model RT7D60) driver installation

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Smart Card Keyboard (model RT7D60) driver installation

This question is not answered

Hi,

I am trying to automate the installation of the Smart Card reader driver for the RT7D60 keyboard. I have the resource CD which has the follwing installation files:
                    GKUPRO2D.cat
                    GKUPRO2D.INF
                    GKUPRO2D.sys
                    ReadMe.txt
I have read the readme file which only gives instructions on how to install the driver through 'Add/Remove Hardware' wizard or via Device Manager.
I have also tried to install the driver by right-clicking on the INF file listed above then choosing install, but nothing happens.

This occurs on both Windows XP SP3 & Windows 2000 SP4, and on all the models of dell computers that we have. I have also downloaded a copy of the driver from the Dell website but this makes no difference.

I have to install around 5,000 of these keyboards to install and it would make much more sense to automate the driver installation. Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

Steve

All Replies
  • Bump!Confused

• Same here I need driver for Dell KB (RT7D60), I installed driver from DOD site (R82752.EXE) but it still not working. It show in device manager that I havr driver installed without any issues. But I still cannot use my CAC card.

• Recommend installing ActiveClient (available thru your branches IA website).  CAC is not native in XP back.  Vista and Win7 don't seem to have that issue.

• www.dell.com/.../driverdetails