Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter - Unable to upload drivers on Dell 430 XPS (Vista) - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community

Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter - Unable to upload drivers on Dell 430 XPS (Vista)

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter - Unable to upload drivers on Dell 430 XPS (Vista)

This question is not answered

Hi,

I have installed a European Dell Wireless 1505 (802.11 a/g/n) (kit) on my brand new Dell 430 XPS and is unable to install the drive from neither the CD nor the updates available on the internet. The errorcoding is 10 - "this unit can not start". This unit was recommended (and bought from) as wireless device by Dell. What do I do?

Br,

All Replies
  • The could be a conflict between this new wireless card and the built in Ethernet.  Disable the built in Ethernet in the BIOS (Setup - F2 at boot up) and that probably will allow the wireless card to be installed.  The Dell documentation does not detail the BIOS options so I can't point you to the exact item to disable.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with ASRock Z77 Professional, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive.  Sonar Platinum Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.