Blue screen comes in normal mode, safe mode and every other mode/ please help

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Blue screen comes in normal mode, safe mode and every other mode/ please help

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi, i currently own a Dell Dimension 3100 Desktop,

I was downloading a game and for some reason the download rate was extremely fast, like 1.4mb/sec then i left it on.  Once i got back i saw that the computer screen was black and I restarted.  I then turned on the computer and a blue screen comes up.  I tried safe mode and every other mode but none will work and the blue screen still comes up. The blue screen says at the bottom:

Physical Information:

0x000000ED (0x8A896900, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Please help me, i have a project due monday and all my files are in the computer. Thanks!

All Replies
  • Farris1993

Could be a possible hard drive failure.

See if the solution HERE can help.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• Thanks for the fast reply,

I ran a hard drive diagnostics test, and it said there are 4 drives -

Drive 0: Fail. Return Code: 7Tongue Tied

Drive 1: No Device

Drive 2: Diagnostics not supported

Drive 3: No device

• Farris1993

Yep, the primary hard drive has failed, if you have a Dell warranty, contact Dell's Technical Support for a replacement, give the Techie the error code

No warranty, then buy a 3.5" 7200rpm SATA hard drive, install it and reload windows, drivers, all the applictionsand all Microsoft updates.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001

• I just got a hard drive about a year ago, its with 500 gigs and it seemed perfect.  Is there any other way of fixing my hard drive? Indifferent

• Farris1993

If you have XP, try one of procedures here, or here.

As the hard drive is one year old and is not part of the computer package purchased from Dell, surely you must have a manufacturer's warranty, most new hard drives have, at least a three/five year warranty. 

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001