Dell PS/2 Keyboard - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community

Dell PS/2 Keyboard

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell PS/2 Keyboard

This question has suggested answer(s)

Trying to reinstall drivers but after extracting files the install option does not allow me to "run" only save and info says it will not work if saved instead of run?

Help please

All Replies
  • Most Dell driver install files bring up an installer window after the files have been extracted, but the keyboard driver may be an exception.  Did you read the installation instructions?  These are reached by clicking on the title you find below the download button.  I didn't look at all three drivers that are present, but the one I did check indicated that you need to know where the files are expanded to.  This is so you can browse there with the "Run" utility in the start menu and run the setup executable.

Dell drivers are generally extracted to C:\Dell\Drivers unless you tell it to go somewhere else.  Look for a folder that has the same "R" number contained in your download and look for Setup.exe in that folder.

You shouldn't be too bad off, however, even without this file.  Windows has native drivers for the keyboards and the only thing the driver should do is add any special functions that the keyboard is supposed to help with.

Dell Forum member since 2005

• I wasn't able to run the exe file from the Run utility either. What I did was close Mozilla and open IE6 and downloaded the files again. It did give me the option to only save again, however after I did so and opened and ran the Setup.exe it worked liked it was supposed to.

FYI, I was trying to reinstall the DellTouch drivers so I could use the Hot Keys.

Thank you for responding.

• Very glad you got it sorted.  Happy computing to you!

Dell Forum member since 2005