Replacing the CPU fan on a Dell 2350 Desktop

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Replacing the CPU fan on a Dell 2350 Desktop

This question is answered

I would like to know where to obtain a replacement CPU fan for a Dell Dimension 2350 and how to do the exchange. I am happy to work inside the tower but need some assistance regarding this job.

Verified Answer
  • You need to contact Dell spare parts to get an exact replacement.  Dell uses a Proprietary fan and if a non-Dell fan is used you will get a Fan Failure notice when you boot up.  There may be some 3rd parties that have Dell fans but I don't have any info on those.

Dell Spare Parts

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• Thank you for your reply Sir.

Reading your personal date has prompted me to ask... if you could give me some pointers as to how to go about changing this fan, once I obtain a replacement.

• Unlike many models, the Dell manual does not detail or even show the CPU cooling fan.  However, it's probably secured to the heat sink with screws and a little "common sense" in looking how it's installed should allow you to replace it.  If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then take it to a PC repair shop (but either buy the correct Dell fan or make sure the repair shop orders and replaces it with a Dell OEM fan).

I am not a Dell Employee

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

All Replies
  • You need to contact Dell spare parts to get an exact replacement.  Dell uses a Proprietary fan and if a non-Dell fan is used you will get a Fan Failure notice when you boot up.  There may be some 3rd parties that have Dell fans but I don't have any info on those.

Dell Spare Parts

I am not a Dell Employee

• Thank you for your reply Sir.

Reading your personal date has prompted me to ask... if you could give me some pointers as to how to go about changing this fan, once I obtain a replacement.

• Unlike many models, the Dell manual does not detail or even show the CPU cooling fan.  However, it's probably secured to the heat sink with screws and a little "common sense" in looking how it's installed should allow you to replace it.  If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then take it to a PC repair shop (but either buy the correct Dell fan or make sure the repair shop orders and replaces it with a Dell OEM fan).

I am not a Dell Employee

• I know that it's been a long time since this question was posted but you can get the CPU fan for the Dimension 2350 at eBay for 11.99

•  

Due to the age of this thread, I am locking it.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell