Forums

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Connecting Dell Studio Desktop with HDMI to LCD TV with HDMI

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi, i am trying to connecting my brand new dell studio desktop conputer with an HDMI hook up in the back to my 32 inch samsung TV with an HDMI connection. I connected both with an HDMI cord, but when i go to the input on my TV nothing shows up on the screen. Is there something i should do in the TV menu, and is there something i should download on my computer to make it work, and or do something with the screen resolution? I should also note that when i connected my DVI to HDMI with the tv and computer my PC showed up on the TV but the cord is too short to use on the tv and i had an HDMI cord laying around and i would rather use that. Do you think the HDMI connection on my new PC doesnt work, or does it have something to do with some tweeking on the computer or a download.

Thanks

All Replies
  • Hi Jhogan928, When I connect my computer to the television via my DVI, from the computer to the television, I have to go into the menu on my television then scrool down to external devices, to get it to work.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.