changing hard drive activity light color????

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

changing hard drive activity light color????

• I have been able to change all my 630i led lights to red (with some help on the forum) but my darn hard drive light is still white...BRIGHT..and really anoying!

Is there some way to also change that led's color too?, short of sticking a piece of red tape over it????

(also change the on/off button color too???)

Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks!

-Bob

• Bob,

I would say probably not. I'm almost 100% sure the LED's used for the Power and Hard Drives plus the circuit driving them are using standard issue motherboard connections.

The case LED's are a different story. They are driven by a separate proprietary circuit board utilizing multiple LED's and specialized software to control the colors

Message Edited by atbglenn on 09-13-2008 01:36 PM

XPS 730 Air Cooled Desktop w/ 32 Bit Vista Ultimate (64 Bit Soon)
    Inspiron 531 Desktop w/ 32 Bit Vista Home Premium
    XPS 1210 Laptop w/ XP Pro
    Home Built Desktop w/ XP Pro
    Mac Mini

• You can usa a magic marker (your choice of color) to go over it to tint it .The more times you go over it the darker it becomes\   DaN

• Dan,

Personally I wouldn't do that on my system. If I was annoyed enough by the brightness or color, I'd change the LED, and or add a resistor in series with the LED to dim it

XPS 730 Air Cooled Desktop w/ 32 Bit Vista Ultimate (64 Bit Soon)
    Inspiron 531 Desktop w/ 32 Bit Vista Home Premium
    XPS 1210 Laptop w/ XP Pro
    Home Built Desktop w/ XP Pro
    Mac Mini

• AT   some people may not be as bright and as smart as you are i was only offering a way to tone the lights down some so thet would not be so bright if one wanted a quick way to dim them down some

Dan

• Found a simple (for me anyway) solution.  Since there is no programming method to change the BRIGHT WHITE anoying flashing HD light, I (as a former printer) grabbed some old transparent red film stripping tape, and cut a small piece for the hd light, and a round piece for the on off button.  Now with my leds programmed to run red, then entire systems lighting is red.  looks cool in the dark!