color code on cpu back

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

color code on cpu back

• I need to know what the holes on the back of the cpu are for.  There is a gray, orange, pink, blue, black and green (which is my speaker).  I want to be able to put a guitar and microphone to sing and record.  I have an Inspiron 531 using Windows Vista.  Thanks
  • Lynn0107

See here

Bev.

===================================================
    Please don't send me questions about your system by DCF Messenger.
    Post the issue in the appropriate Board, where they will be answered.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• A note on using the PC with a guitar and microphone.  A PC audio input (line in which is stereo and mic which is mono) require high level audio inputs (close to "line level") rather than the low "instrument level" from a guitar and regular P.A. or Karaoke type mic.  You will need a mixer to be able to record both the guitar and mic at the same time and then route the output of the mixer to the PC's line in (since it's a stereo input, you can have one channel (e.g. left) for the guitar and the other channel (e.g right) for the microphone.  You can buy small mixers for about $50 or so.  HERE is one example.

The free Audacity recording program will allow you to record your inputs to the PC's hard drive.  Download HERE

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.