XPS 410 - Bluetooth Questions

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

XPS 410 - Bluetooth Questions

•  
    I ordered a blue tooth keyboard/mouse with my xps 410 a year or so ago.  The mouse seems to have quit working with the bluetooth usb adapter.  The question I have - I cannot find "bluetooth devices' on my control panel as the help instructions say I should.  In fact I cannot find any blue tooth anything on my computer with respect to software or drivers.  Is this little usb dongle really a blue tooth adapter??  If so, is there some software I should have on my PC ??
  • Under Administrative Tools --> Services, you should see a service called Bluetooth Support Service. Check to see if is running and if it is set to automatically start. If not right , then properties and make the changes and start the service. This may correct your problem. 

• yes u should have some bluetooth soft ware and a bluetooth icon , what model and make is the keyboard? there should be a rest button under  the mouse , keyboard and the usb bluetooth usb dongle adaptor

• I do not have any service called Bluetooth Support Service (no Bluetooth services at all) .... any ideas ??
  • we need the make and model # of the keyboard and mouse is it a dell Bluetooth combo
  • There are bluetooth drivers at the XPS 410 driver page for
    1. Dell , l Application , Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Bundle file # R149559.EXE release date 10/29/07

Message Edited by Toronto699 on 12-28-2007 10:28 PM
  • yes it was a Dell bundle - keyboard and mouse -

the bluetooth dongle is D P/N NH366,
    keyboard is D P/N DH953
    mouse is D P/N DH956 (i think - print is real small ...)
  • the drivers for the Dell bluetooth bundle are at the XPS 410 drivers and download page u can find the link on the left of this page where it says "Dell Support Tools"
  • So any major differences between using the XP standard bluetooth vs. the Setpoint software ??

• the setpoint software might give more options to set up the mouse and or keyboard..the xp versions wil just offer the basic settings..

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

•  
    I went with the XP standard ... and actually there is no options available, that I can find ... so I may go back through the install and choose Setpoint ....
  • when you go into contol panel mouse what ever comes up will be the options that are changeable/setable for the mouse software.. i do believe that setpoint will offer a bit more than the standard XP version

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003