Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here: Dell - Unresolved Customer Service IssuesI do not work for Dell. I too am a user. The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.
>>How to remove permanently the frozen state status in BIOS for optiplex GX620 ???Cause everytime i boot with a live cd ( like system rescue cd ) i can't access HDD ( with cfdisk ).<<
Change the SATA Operation from Normal to Combination by doing the following steps:
1) Boot the Machine
2) Press F2 (before the progress bar completes)
3) Use the Up/Down Arrows on keyboard to select the Drives node
4) Press Enter on keyboard to expand the Drives node
5) Use the Up/Down Arrows on keyboard to select the SATA Operation node
6) Press Enter on the keyboard to make changes to the SATA Operation
7) Use the Left/Right Arrows on the keyboard to select Combination
8) Press Enter on the keyboard to choose the Combination setting
9) Press Esc on the keyboard
10) Use the Left/Right Arrows on the keyboard to select Exit
11) Press Enter on the keyboard
Yes, that got me into safe mode at least, hopefully I can do something with it from there! Thanks My first couple of attempts at doing something from safe mode have turned out the same though so far, a couple seconds on the desktop and then back to the welcome screen. But I have hope now!
That got me to safe mode, but it doesn't seem to matter which operation I try in safe mode, it either doesn't actually go there at all, just through the same desktop to welcome screen cycle, or it appears to be going there for a minute, then reverts back to the same old thing as before again. Some of the safe mode operations have me ending up at a welcome screen that offers both "user" and "administrator", but either choice works out the same.
for some reason the computer seems to kick me out of 'safe mode' the same way it kicks me off of the desktop and back to the welcome screen. It starts out in safe mode, but by the time I get to the first welcome screen, safe mode has disappeared.
If you can boot to a CD, I would try booting to your Dell drivers disc and run the diagnostics on your hard drive.
Please post back and let me know if you need more help.