BIOS settings Dimension 4600

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

BIOS settings Dimension 4600

• Hello,

I have a Dimension 4600i and i like to know what 2 settings in my BIOS mean. It are 2 settings regarding my video and/or memory settings (i think).

1. onboard video buffer: i can set this to 1mb or 8 mb, but what does it mean? I have a intergraded video card but i'm using a Nvidia card

2. AGP aperture: i can set this to 16mb, 32mb, 64mb, 128mb or 256mb, also i don't know what it means, does anyone know?

Thnx...

Message Edited by Meeuw on 07-17-200604:27 AM

Message Edited by Meeuw on 07-17-200604:28 AM

• "1. onboard video buffer: i can set this to 1mb or 8 mb, but what does it mean? I have a intergraded video card but i'm using a Nvidia card"

The setting allows the user to determine how much system RAM to reserve for use by the integrated video.  Since you are using a separate video card I would set this option to the lowest RAM setting. 

"2. AGP aperture: i can set this to 16mb, 32mb, 64mb, 128mb or 256mb, also i don't know what it means, does anyone know?"

The setting allows the user to determine how much system RAM to reserve for use by a AGP graphics card.  If you have a lot of system RAM installed then use the higher setting. 
  • Ok....thnx majestic for the answers