GX280 and GX520 flashing green power light

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

GX280 and GX520 flashing green power light

• I have several new Optiplex GX280s and GX520s. They all seem to go into hibernate mode after a while. The display goes black and the power button flashes green. Moving the mouse or hitting enter will not wake up the computer. Quickly pushing the power button will wake the computer.

I have set power options to always on with monitor going off in 20 minutes, hard drives - never, standby - never, and hibernate unchecked.

There must be a setting somewhere in the Dell software to turn this off, because I erased the hard drive on one and reinstalled. This computer did not act this way.

I have tried changing the ACPI power settings in the BIOS and uninstalling the Fixed feature button and the power button in device manager. Still responds the same way.

I contacted Dell support and they could not tell me how to change it.

This is not a major problem, but it is a probelm getting all users aware of how to respond.

Thanks for any help.

• cruncher1 wrote:
    I have several new Optiplex GX280s and GX520s. They all seem to go into hibernate mode after a while. The display goes black and the power button flashes green. Moving the mouse or hitting enter will not wake up the computer. Quickly pushing the power button will wake the computer.
    I have set power options to always on with monitor going off in 20 minutes, hard drives - never, standby - never, and hibernate unchecked.
    There must be a setting somewhere in the Dell software to turn this off, because I erased the hard drive on one and reinstalled. This computer did not act this way.
    I have tried changing the ACPI power settings in the BIOS and uninstalling the Fixed feature button and the power button in device manager. Still responds the same way.
    I contacted Dell support and they could not tell me how to change it.
    This is not a major problem, but it is a probelm getting all users aware of how to respond.
    Thanks for any help.

You need to change the Suspend Mode in setup from S1 to S3 (or the other way around). One of the two modes allows coming out of standby by touching any key, altho moving the mouse still won't do it.