Input and output jacks on the back of my computer - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community

Input and output jacks on the back of my computer

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Input and output jacks on the back of my computer

• I have a Dell Dimension L667r computer, and I'm trying to figure out which jack on the rear of the computer should be used to for an analog input (from a tape recorder).  I have studied my manual ("Reference and Troubleshooting Guide") and find diagrams on pages 2-6 and 2-7, but my computer doesn't look like that.  The three vertically aligned jacks shown don't exist on my computer.  Instead below the fan there is a horizontal row of five jacks with colors as follows (from left to right facing back): black, light green (output to subwoofer and speakers), light red (apparently an input from a microphone, although I'm not certain about that), light blue, then the vertical words "digital out", and light yellow.  Is there a diagram available that  shows the purpose of all the jacks and plugs on the back of the computer? 
  • Look for your sound card.

Message Edited by ddeerrff on 04-15-2003 02:15 PM

Forum Member since 2000

• Derf:  Thanks for the advice.  I had failed to look under "accessories".
  • fred, what is the manufacturer of your soundcard? Is it integrated?
  • Leigh Ann:  It's Sound Blaster Live! Value.  It came already installed in the computer.