Form Factor of Dimension 4600 motherboards

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Form Factor of Dimension 4600 motherboards

• hey all,

i've searched high and low for any info on the dell dimension 4600 mobo and the form factor it is in but haven't found anything.  i want to switch my recently bought dell dimension 4600 (NO C) into a standard ATX case and i was wondering if anyone knows anything that would prevent this from happening(screw holes, usb and front audio, and peripherals) any info would help thanks,

- legit

• I've read here before that Dell mobo's are a little different than standard ATX mobo's and you will probably have to do a mod if it will fit at all.
  • The 4600 has a proprietary designed motherboard for the Mitac chassis. It has 12 screws mounting it to teh chassis, and will require extensive modification for it to be mounted in a standard ATX chassis.

Donald Kempf

Inspiron E1505 /XPS 10 Windows 8

Dimension 8400 Windows XP/Vista/8

#IWork4Dell

• spoke too soon...
  • legit.

Dell motherboards have a proprietary connector for a ribbon cable, that connects to the front panel, power switch, LEDs and USB ports.  The standard ATX case uses Molex style connectors.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell