vostro 260 i3- 2100 processor upgrade

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

vostro 260 i3- 2100 processor upgrade

This question is not answered

Does anyone have a compatabilty list for upgrading a vostro 260 i3- 2100 processor to an i-5 processor.  I know I'll need to upgrade Power Supply.

All Replies
  • Hi rmh0597,

Dell has tested the following i5 processors with Vostro 260:

• i5-2400,3.1,4C,Sandy Bridge,D2
    • i5-2300,2.8,4C,Sandy Bridge

Upgrading the power supply is not required as the i5 processor should work with standard power supply shipped with the system.

Dell does not recommend or offer processor upgrade but it is at your discretion in case you really wish to go ahead with it. Warranty per say, issues arising due to the upgrade will not be covered under warranty, however we will continue providing support for other issues and parts.   

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have  any questions.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

• Hi DELL-AMOGH,

I have a Dell Vostro 260 tower and would like to upgrade it with an Intel I-5 CPU,

Will the following CPU work for this Vostro 260 motherboard:

Intel Core i5 Processor i5-3470

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Texas man

• rmh0597

Does anyone have a compatabilty list for upgrading a vostro 260 i3- 2100 processor to an i-5 processor.  I know I'll need to upgrade Power Supply.

I had a Core i7 in a mini-ITX with 220-watt power supply.

• Hi Texas man,

Dell has not tested Intel i5-3470 processor with Vostro 260. However, the processor should work with the system. For system Owner Manual, you may refer to the link: http://bit.ly/18OkkIK.

Dell does not recommend or offer processor upgrade but it is as your discretion in case you really wish to go ahead with it. Warranty per say, issues arising due to the upgrade will not be covered under warranty; however we will continue providing support for other issues and parts.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for any other assistance.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

• rdunnill,

Which I7 did you confirm working in a Vostro 260?