No boot device available error Inspiron 530 Windows 7

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

No boot device available error Inspiron 530 Windows 7

This question is not answered

Hello all,

Just got the ....No boot device available error

• Sata -0 Installed
  • Sata-1 INstalled
  • Sata-4 none
  • Sata-5 Installed
If I power off and then hit F12 upon restart and choose SATA-1 partition it will start up no problem, but if I shutdown or do a restart it will come up with the same error.  My boot device order is the following:
  1. Removable
  2. Hard Disk
  3. CD ROM
Other:   Enabled
Any guidance from someone who has experienced this would be great......thanks in advance for the help
Brian
All Replies
  • Hi

Welcome to the community.

I would suggest you to reset BIOS to default, follow the below mentioned steps:

1) Reboot the computer.

2) When prompted during POST, press the <F2> key to enter the setup screen.

3) On the System Setup Info, press enter and then press the <F9> key to load BIOS to default.

4) Press F10 and save the changes.

Also, I would suggest you to change the Boot Device Configuration settings and please make sure hard drive is the first boot device.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
    Prateek K
    #iworkfordell

• OK, now it got a bit further.....loaded defaults now it shows

Disk 0 can not load or something like that

F1 to continue and f2 to enter setup

If you hit f1 it will boot up fine...

What is up with the Disk 0 error

• diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure

• you are saying that you can start windows from SATA-1. if this is right it sounds like to me you need to do a system restore. but if you can't load windows you won't be able to. that is my problem, i can't load windows and need to do a system clean out..

• Hi

I would suggest you to change the Boot Device Configuration settings and please make sure first boot device is Hard drive (as shown in the below image).

In order to make hard drive as first boot device “highlight hard disk boot priority” and press enter, after pressing <Enter>, you can select the hard drive using the <Page Up>, <Page Dn>, or up- and down-arrow keys. Change the hard drive priority using the + or – keys. Exit this menu by pressing <Esc>.

In case the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run Dell Diagnostics, follow the below mentioned steps:

1) Turn on or restart the computer.

2) When the Dell logo appears, press <F12> immediately

3) When the boot device list appears, highlight Boot to Utility Partition and press <Enter>.

4) When the Dell Diagnostics main menu appears, select express test.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
    Prateek K
    #iworkfordel

• ive done all that was suggested so far my last step was the express test which lead me to the error code 0f00:1344. can u help me from there?

• You should switch cables between sata 0 and sata 1 since it seems your sata 0 harddisk is not bootable or change the harddisk order in boot order in advanced setup after pressing f2 at boot

• @jcurrie123 - Next time please start your own thread and be sure to include the system model and version of Windows in your posts. It seems that inspiron15r5521 may have responded to the original post which is of no help to you.

Error code 0f00:1344  means your hard drive has probably failed and will need to be replaced. You may be able to reinstall the old drive as a secondary drive after you install Windows on a new primary (boot) hard drive so you can  rescue your files, if they're not already backed up on CDs, DVDs or a USB hard drive. Or, you can install the old drive in an external case that connects to any PC by USB to rescue your files.

If this answers your question, please click  Yes  

Ron

Forum Member since 2004

I am NOT a Dell employee

• I'd suggest changing the CMOS battery as well.

• what are these cables between sata you speak of