Inspiron 570

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Inspiron 570

This question is not answered

I have an out of warranty Inspiron 570. The CPU fan constantly runs at full tilt, I've checked the BIOS and there are no options to control it from there. Anybody come across this before? and does anyone have any suggestions/soloutions? Does anyone know if I replace the fan will it solve the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help

All Replies
  • A high speed fan is usually a hardware issue most of the time not related to the fan. It could be overheating of the system or the cpu. Do you have any other indications such as the power button light color, beeps or error messages?

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• Hi. May be we can help, however we need to know a few things. What processor you have - this will give us an idea which cooler is more appropriate, and what temperatures to expect. Also, if you can install OCCT 4.1 - excellent monitoring utility, which you can use to strain your Inspiron and check temperatures, also install Core Temp 1.0 - this utility shows temperatures (and also is basis to many monitoring programs) and had an ability to shot down your PC in case of overheat, I tested on mine and it is works as promised. After you install OCCT make a screen shot with OCCT main window, which should look like this

I know a lot about cooling Inspiron 570, so I can provide many answers.

Inspiron 570 remastered in Cooler Master HAF 912 case

6 intake and exhaust 120 mm FANS <> Phenom II x4 965 BE OC to 4.0GHz <> Cooler Master Hyper 612 <> MSI 660 2GB OC <> 180 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda 64 MB Cache HDD for Games as extension of SSD, 500 GB WD Caviar Blue HDD as data and 160 GB WD as backup (through PCI SATA card) <> 8 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 <>Hitachi GH70N DVD <> Corsair GS 600 PSU <> Battlefield 3 60 FPS on ULTRA

• Hi Just got back from holidays, I'll install it over the next couple of days and get back to you, thanks for the post

• Hiya, sorry not replied sooner just back from my holidays, in reply to your questions, there are no beeps and no error messages and no light colour codes to indicate there is a problem! The PC seems to be working fine it's just that the fan is is constantly on. Any idea's?

• Fan must be constantly ON, otherwise your processor will burn, do you just hear new noise coming from your PC, how do you know it is your CPU fan (could be exhaust fan)? How you can see rpm?

Inspiron 570 remastered in Cooler Master HAF 912 case

6 intake and exhaust 120 mm FANS <> Phenom II x4 965 BE OC to 4.0GHz <> Cooler Master Hyper 612 <> MSI 660 2GB OC <> 180 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda 64 MB Cache HDD for Games as extension of SSD, 500 GB WD Caviar Blue HDD as data and 160 GB WD as backup (through PCI SATA card) <> 8 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 <>Hitachi GH70N DVD <> Corsair GS 600 PSU <> Battlefield 3 60 FPS on ULTRA