xp sp3 bios update *URGENT*

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

xp sp3 bios update *URGENT*

This question is not answered

hello, i have a:

'Microsoft Windows XP

Professional

Version 2002

Service Pack 3"

there is a code:

76487-OEM-0069427-54640

it says:

"manufactured and supported by:

dell inspiron 530

intel(R) core(TM)2 Duo CPU

E4500 @ 2.20GHz

2.19GHz, 1.99 GB of RAM

Physical Address Extension"

when it started up, it said BIOS 2.0.1

i would like to upgrade BIOS (a link is what im looking for)

and i saw anopther post where it said something about upgrading an xp to a win 7.

is it possible for this system?

please it is kinda slow and i dont think this comp has ever got a BIOS update...

and for the win 7 update, if it is possible, would it cost, and would the harddrive be fully reset,(like all personal files be gone?)or not? 

please let me know ASAP PLEASE!

Bryce

All Replies
  • Hi

Welcome to the community

The latest BIOS released last 2009. Here is the link ; http://dell.to/IPUkQW You can install Windows 7 on this computer but you need to buy that software. Plus you need to upgrade your memory to 3gb or more. Once you install windows 7, it will wipe out everything on your hard drive, if you have important files you need to back up those files.

Regards,

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

• If you plan to install Windows 7 32-bit, the minimum is 1GB, not 3GB, and it runs just fine with 2GB.

If you plan to install Windows 7 64-bit, the minimum is 2GB, not 3GB, and 3-4GB would be recommended.  

Since the 530 doesn't support more than 4GB of RAM, there is really no reason to install 64-bit.

• What verison of BIOS is that? And ok just wondering about the. Win7 thing its the family comp but i keep updating it so it runs better. Like the graphics as never updated and was like 4 years old and then it was much better. But nevermind that thanks guys! And ium what is the diff between x32 bit band x64 bit ? I think our comp is a x32 bit. Thanks.
  • 64-bit is potentially faster, but probably the biggest difference is that 64-bit can use more than 4GB of RAM.  32-bit is limited to 4GB of RAM, with somewhat less as actually usable by the OS (usually 3-3.5GB).

• Dell Inspiron Desktop 530 System BIOS

Release Date:

3/11/2009

Version:

Importance:

Recommended

Download Type:

BIOS

File Format:

Windows/DOS

File Size:

724KB

530_1018.EXE

Dell Inc. Copyright (C) 2009, All Rights reserved. www.dell.com BIOS Release Notes =================================================================== ===================================================================

Systems: Dell Insprion 530/530s Version: 1.0.18

Build Date: 02/24/2009 Fixes/Enhancements:

1.Update new BIOS Power On Logo.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

• um, now there is 2 different links on the post... whitch is the right one?

• downloads.dell.com/.../530_1018.EXE

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.