xps 710 motherboard

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

xps 710 motherboard

This question is not answered

i have a xps 710 its been the best thing i had but last week i would not turn on just fan and amber light so look like i got the same problem as a lot of you guys 

will dell help me with this as  under the consumers act if your item is out of its years guarantee. then the warranty is obliged where there is a clear manufacturers problem.

will they help me as not got loads money to spend on new pc as this one was £1500

All Replies
  • Hi James Campbell,

Welcome to the Community,

Do the amber light stay on or it blinks?

If its blinking amber light which generally means that,this error condition is caused by a faulty Power Supply( 710 and 710 special addition requires 750 watt),or an incorrectly connected cable.

Probably,need to check in the different power outlet/replaced the PSU.

And if the light is steady/stays on, which means the power supply is working, but the system is not processing data.

Generally,need to unplugged the power cord and the display cable from the monitor. Hold the power button for 60 seconds and release.Try to plugged it back to the system respectively.

Please let me know if it works .

Thanks,

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

• I had no joy with contact dell was hopeing that they Would help out as this xps 710 with upgrade To 2048 MB (533mhz) that cost £ 1,500 And now won't work it is 4 years out of warranty I no but as it s a well know fact the this xps suffers From this problem they would help
  • There never was any manufactures defect with these systems. They were just obsolete by the time they hit the market. That was more Intels fault in abandoning the BTX design then anything Dell had to do with. You got 4 yrs out of your system which by all acounts is far better than average for these rigs.  There are many who did not last that long.

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• Do any one no what part falls on the borads

And can it be fix

• Will a xps 730 fit My  xps 710 box

• No the 710 is BTX design and the 730 is ATX design.

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card

Forum member since 2003

• Thanks for the reply what wil fit will the xps 720

Fit

Been trying to fix the borad but no one no s

What bit faulty ?

• a 720 board will fit but you will need the adapter kit to finish the job. Seems the boards are available but the kit parts are almost non existent.

Forum member since 2003

• Thanks for that ,

What the in the kit that I need

• whats in the kit that i need do u no and is the kit off a 720

• Applies to the 710 also.

The XPS 700 Motherboard Upgram Program ended on October 15, 2008. The only options you have now are to either contact Spare Parts (1-800-372-3355) and see if they have these parts or find them on the web.

1. XPS 720 Motherboard (Dell P/N CK520)

2. XPS 720 Front Panel Assembly (including the following parts)

a. Front Panel PWA Assembly (Dell P/N Black - XU567)

b. Front Panel Ribbon Cable (Dell P/N TM476)

c. Front Panel Retention Device (Dell P/N HN362)

d. Front Panel Retention Device Screws (x2) (Dell P/N 16DYP)

e. Replacement Front Panel Cosmetic Insert (Dell P/N Black – WJ206)

f. Front Panel Audio Cable (Dell P/N GR709)

3. Rear I/O Panel (Dell P/N XU556)

4. Thermal Interface Material (TIM) (Dell P/N N6370)

5. Thermal Interface Material Cleaning Cloth (Dell P/N 06335)

6. XPS 720 Resource CD (Dell P/N JR085)

7. Upgrade Kit Users Guide (this manual) (Dell P/N NX581)

Forum member since 2003

• Thanks for your help that's fab