System Restore Disk for Inspiron 560

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

System Restore Disk for Inspiron 560

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 560. I haven't purchased a new Dell in 3 years, and last time I did I was given a Restore Disc for Windows Vista (just the OS, without all the Bloatware). From what I understand after calling Dell, they are no longer shipped and you must use the DataSafe application to create recovery discs in case of a critical hard disk failure.

My question is that if I create the recovery disc, will it be a factory image of Windows 7 along with all the bloatware that's installed? I have always formatted and reinstalled Windows on my previous Dell machines to get rid of all the bloatware.

All Replies
  •   chon69

Yes, it will the factory image of Win 7.

If you reside in the US and are the registered owner of the computer, a disc containing the factory-installed operating system specific to your system, can be requested from HERE.

Note: Dell may charge for the disc.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• Thanks you Shesagordie? So just to clarify, if I do the Datasafe restore disc, it create a factory image of Windows 7 AND all current software that is installed on it? (Antivirus, Datasafe, 3rd Party games)

Or just a standard Windows 7 installation disc?

• I meant to say **Thank you shesagordie!** :)

•   chon69

Yes it will create a disc with Windows 7 and all the Dell bloatware, that was factory installed.

The replacement Window 7 disc I posted the link to, is the same as the retail copy of Windows 7, except it's tied to the Dell BIOS. 

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001

• Thanks Bev. I was told by a co-worker that he just ordered a laptop from Dell and wanted the Windows 7 disc. He called asking for it, and it was shipped free of charge in 2 days. I will call them now. Thanks again!

•    chon69

Happy to have helped.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• Hi Chon

• The Retail .isos files work with the Dell product keys (on the windows sticker on the desktop). They also have Service Pack 1 included. Internet activation may not work but phone activation definately will. (Automated phone call)

• Download the same one as you have installed on your system e.g. Windows 7 Home Premium x64. The Windows 7 iso to USB/DVD tool may be of use to you. Use it to create a Windows 7 install DVD or bootable USB stick.

• On your Dell there should be a folder C:\Drivers you may want to copy it just in case. However drivers should be available here.

• Its worthy to note should you wish to do everything manually but like say one of the preinstalled programs e.g. Roxio Creator Starter. You may get them from My Dell Downloads (requires 32 bit internet explorer, can only download the software 3 times). Also Dell Support Centre.

• Finally if you purchased Microsoft Office with the system. Keep a note of the product key. You may download the trial version e.g. of Home and Student 2010 Version from Microsoft. Use your Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student Version OEM product key to activate the product.

On my XPS desktop which I got in April the programs I had preinstalled were: 

• McAfee. I uninstalled, rebooted then used the McAfee Removal Tool.
    • Bing (Didn't accept licence, it uninstalled)
    • eBay (uninstalled in add/remove programs)
    • Dell Datasafe online & Dell Datasafe Local Backup (uninstalled in add/remove programs)
    • Dell Stage (uninstalled in add/remove programs)
    • Roxio Creator Starter (Kept)
    • Dell Support Centre (Kept, quite useful)
    • Skype 4.2 (Kept)

I would imagine you have the same preinstalled software. In general restoring to factory settings, uninstalling these programs and then installing the standalone service pack 1 and standalone Internet Explorer 9. Is faster than doing everything manually.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.