Computer will not turn on - blinking yellow light on the on/off button

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Computer will not turn on - blinking yellow light on the on/off button

This question has suggested answer(s)

Please help....thank you

All Replies
  • mob852

Please help....thank you

mob852 

What computer and which version of windows that's installed?

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• Dimension, Windows XP Media Edition

•  mob852

Need to know the Model number, because Dell has made many different Dimension models.

Most times, the model number, can be found on the bezel around the power button.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001

• Bev

After reading through a ton of threads on this issue, I believe I have a faulty  REV A00 Power Supply.  I will replace it and see what happens.

Thank you...

•  mob852

You are welcome.

Good luck and hope that replacing the power supply resolves the issues.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• I TRY TO SWITCH MY COMPUTER ON THE AMBER LIGHT KEEP BLINKING

• seyramlan

I TRY TO SWITCH MY COMPUTER ON THE AMBER LIGHT KEEP BLINKING

seyramlan

Sorry, I have no idea, what the above means, but I'll assume that the desktop would start and the power button LED, was a blinking amber, is this correct?

What is the computer model and the version of windows installed?

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• Yes, the computer would not start but when you press on, it would not come but the amber light will be blinking.

Thanks

• seyramlan

Cannot help, without knowing the computer model and the version of windows that's installed.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• dell optipex 360 and running windows xp sp 2

• i have sent over the model and the OS that is installed on the system

• seyramlan

The Optiplex 360 has two different versions, the Mini Tower and Desktop, which is your version?

Your computer has four diagnostic lights labeled 1, 2, 3, and 4 on either the front or back panel, what lights are lite?

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• pls do help me out

• seyramlan

pls do help me out

seyramlan

A blinking amber power button LED usually indicates either, a power supply or motherboard failure has occurred.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• seyramlan

pls do help me out

seyramlan

A blinking amber power button LED usually indicates either, a power supply or motherboard failure has occurred.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001