SOLVED : dell dimension 3000: startup problems! - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community

SOLVED : dell dimension 3000: startup problems!

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

SOLVED : dell dimension 3000: startup problems!

This question has been answered by leamho

hi! i have been dealing with this problem for 2 years now, please help!

every time i boot my computer, it shows this screen for a few seconds:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8620/imgp0111b.jpg

and then it shows this :

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/638/imgp0113v.jpg

even if i let my computer runs for 24 hours, it will still be like that until i have to click on "F1" or "F2"! i know very little about computer hardware/software, etc, so i always click on "F1"... it really annoys me alot! please help me, if you can! thank you!

thanks for reading

Verified Answer
  • I think you need to change some settings in your BIOS.

• leamho

If you don't have diskette [Floppy] drive installed, you need to enter the System Setup [BIOS] and set the diskette drive to 'Off', plus if there is no second hard drive, or a second optical drive insttalled, turn those options off, also.

Details of the Dimension 3000 System Setup are HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• dear shesagordie: thank you very much for your help & advice!Big Smile also thank you for the link!Yes i just arrived home, no time to read it yet... but i will read it tonight!

i never thank you enough for all the help & time you have spent for me! i'm so touched![:')]

All Replies
  • i must add this: i reinstalled windows xp 2 days ago, but the same screens are still there! please help! thanks!

• I think you need to change some settings in your BIOS.

• thank you rdunnill! i'm so happy by your advice! please tell me how! what is a "bios" please? thanks!

• leamho

If you don't have diskette [Floppy] drive installed, you need to enter the System Setup [BIOS] and set the diskette drive to 'Off', plus if there is no second hard drive, or a second optical drive insttalled, turn those options off, also.

Details of the Dimension 3000 System Setup are HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• dear shesagordie: thank you very much for your help & advice!Big Smile also thank you for the link!Yes i just arrived home, no time to read it yet... but i will read it tonight!

i never thank you enough for all the help & time you have spent for me! i'm so touched![:')]