M-Systems DiskOnChip 2000

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

M-Systems DiskOnChip 2000

This question is not answered

This device is installed on my Dell Dimemsion PC. Suddenly the component has stopped working and I get the following error message (via Device Manager) on the Properties window, General tab: - "Widows cannot determine the settings for this device. Consult documentation that came with this device and use the Resource tab to set the configuration. (Code 34)". On the Resource tab - Set Configuration Manually, the option "Use Automatic Settings" is greyed out. My operating system is Windows XP SP3. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the device, but this does not correct the problem.

I need help to resove the problem

All Replies
  • This sounds like a Laptop and not a desktop (this section) problem.  If it is a Laptop, best to repost in the Laptop section of the forum.

When you repost, include your PC Model and Operating System - too many different Dell models and that is needed for someone to help you.

One thing, if this is something that recently happened use the System Restore and restore the PC back to a date when it did work.  System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• My PC is a desktop, Dell Dimension 5150, Operating system is Windows XP SP3. I have tried using System Restore, but still have the same problem. I don't know what the function of device 'DiskOnChip 2000' is and what other devices, processes etc it interacts with. M-Systems are now part of SanDisk and they stopped production of this component in 2007. I have emailed SanDisk and am waiting for a reply. Can anyone shed any light on this issue.

• I have a Dimension E510 which is identical to the 5150 (all the Dell documentation and downloads lists 5150/E510) and I never heard of this.  

I did a google search and it looks like something that is built on the motherboard and it's not a standard item on a Dell 5150/E510 motherboard.  It lists Win 95/98, NT, DOS, etc which suggests its a very old (before the 5150/E510) hardware. Here is the PDF sheet.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.