Dell XPS One A2010 CD Eject Button not working with Windows 7

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell XPS One A2010 CD Eject Button not working with Windows 7

This question has suggested answer(s)

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and everything seems to work fine, except the CD eject button does not work,  Can eject CD with Windows Explorer by right-clicking CD drive and selecting eject.

Down loaded and installed driver R168233 - Intel DELL0100 Proximity Sensor Driver(ACPI).  Installation failed (even after going to driver file properties and selecting Vista compatibility and run as admin).  Interestingly, Device Manager reports that System Device Dell0100 ACPI Utility is working properly...

Chatted with Dell Tech Support and they said to try installing Quickset driver from M2010 page.  Installation message: "this is not a supported system."

At this point, I am assuming that there is not a driver to get the manual eject button to work with Windows 7.  Does anyone have the same system and OS with the eject button working?

All Replies
  • I have the same problem, I don't think it has anything to do with windows 7 since my friend's XPS one does not have the problem after he went to 7.  Mine goes one step worse. When I go and press the eject button the screen goes black and won't come back on until I restart. You can eject from the keyboard too. Press the "FN" key next to the control key on the bottom left of the keyboard and press the "F12"  this will eject the CD. 

I think it's a mother board issue and dell does not want to own up to it like the Fan issue after updating the BIOS which caused the fan to go full blast al the time. Like having the hair dryer going all day long.   Still no fix for it. Unfortunately, I am recently out of Warranty.  If you are still under warranty get it fixed. I will try to get Dell to own up to their mistake in ruining my PC  with their BIOS update.  Good Luck!

• I have a similar problem with my xps m1330 with windows 7. When I touch the top strip to adjust the volume or eject the cd, the mouse (touchpad) freezes for about 30 seconds. I think that it is the synaptics touchpad driver, but I am using the latest driver from their website and still have the same problems.

Dell needs to come out with drivers for the m1330 for windows 7.

Anyone else get something working?

• I had same issue for years, and through trial and error resolved via updating some drivers, it was either the proximity driver "Intel DELL0100 Proximity Sensor Driver(ACPI)" in the System Utilities driver set or the "Cypress Semiconductor Touch Panel Media Key" in the Chipset drivers set.

Find them in Dell support drivers section, for A2010 model (or enter your service Tag #)

After I updated these drivers, touch keys for media/volume started functioning properly in Win7

• hi,guyz chill out,just go to dell.com and click on support and downloads.

enter your service tag number,and choose your laptop

download quickset.

example; i am using win7 64 bit,for me quickset64.

download and restart windows.

IT WILL WORK FOR SURE!

cheers mate

• Great solution. Was on the phone with Dell for over 2 hours trying to get the fix, with no success.

Thanks a million!!

• I'm trying to get the touch panel working without success on my XPS One All-In-One running W7 Home Premium 64 bit. I downloaded and tried to install quickset64 but  it tells me it doesn't support my system. I tried a few other quickset versions without success. Any ideas?.  

• marcianrodriguez

hi,guyz chill out,just go to dell.com and click on support and downloads.

enter your service tag number,and choose your laptop

download quickset.

example; i am using win7 64 bit,for me quickset64.

download and restart windows.

IT WILL WORK FOR SURE!

cheers mate

Thanks my friend! I've only had this problem for a year without a fix. Now I got's my button back! :)

• Hello there - just experienced the same issue and your directions worked perfectly! Cheers! Wink