Error DELL 755

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Error DELL 755

This question is not answered

Dear Dell Support !

I have a PC DELL 755. When it reboot, it have a notice: " The system management hardware requires a reset.System setup configuration and the date/time require attention after the reset.
Strike the F1 key to continue,F2 to run the setup utility
Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics
"

I had check all hardware, replace battery CMOS, load defalt factory  BIOS .... but not ok. still notice this error.

I want to knows what hardware is error? how to solve this  problem.

Thanks for reply !

<ADMIN NOTE: Email Id Removed Per Privacy Policy>

All Replies
  • I just had the same issue. Optiplex 755. Anyone in the Dell community able to shed some light on this?

We would certainly appreciate it.

TIA,

Sam S.

• I've got an Optiplex 755 exhibiting the same behavior.  Received a warning "System Battery Voltage Low".. so I replaced the motherboard battery (CR2032 3.volts) and on next reboot received the same error damtrung_hp noted (above). Upon trying to boot the system, Windows XP is now BSOD'ing. ;(   ... Going to test the hard drive in another 755,.. assuming that works, I'm not sure what else to do besides submit this unit for a motherboard replacement. (because I'm not finding any software download tools to reset the system management hardware)

• CHKDSK found no errors on the drive. Pulled hard-drive and tested it in another 755... everything booted fine. Going to submit system for motherboard replacement.

• I experienced the same string of events. CMOS battery died. Replaced with new battery. Got the same message at boot up.

"The system management hardware requires a reset.System setup configuration and the date/time require attention after the reset.
    Strike the F1 key to continue,F2 to run the setup utility
    Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics
    "

Resolution:  I found that if I entered the asset tag into the BIOS and saved it, the message went away and system returned to normal.

• I have tried different and it did work!!,

following explains how to reset system management hardware

Press Ctrl-P while booting up

Management Engine will open

use 'admin' as password

you are required to setup a new p/w, do it.

it will prompt and say if you do it will reset, thats what we needs!

then exit,

once restarts, error message disappears!! now you can install os as usual. 

• Una consulta , yo escribo cualquier contraseña y me muestra mensaje "error intel me password change rejected" , hay algun ejemplo de contraseña que puedo agregar.

te antemano agradesco tu respuesta prontamente.

• abra alguna solución para este problema , intente con todos los resultados  que hay en este post. pero no se arregla el problema. o simplemente ya se daño la placa....???

"El hardware de administración del sistema requiere una configuración setup reset.System y la fecha / hora requieren atención después del Reset.

Presione la tecla F1 para continuar, F2 para ejecutar la utilidad de configuración

Presione F5 para ejecutar el diagnóstico a bordo "

favor de responder si, encontraron alguna solución certera...!!!