USB Problems

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

USB Problems

This question is not answered

Hey everyone,

I have a XPS 410 with usb mouse and keyboard. When i turn the computer on everything will work, I can click and type. But after a while the mouse will stop working. I mouse is still lighted up, so i know the mouse has power, but i can not move or click things, but the keyboard still works. So what i have to do is simply unplug the mouse and plug it back in. But can someone tell me what might be the problem?. Thanks

All Replies
  • smitty1092,

Does this occur testing all of the PC rear USB ports with the mouse?

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

• well i have only tried two that i remember, but usually i just take it out slightly and put it back in, sorry im lazy, but i will surely try a different port

• ok well i have tested all the rear ports and yes the mouse still has the problem

• Do you have another mouse to try?

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

• IM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND I HAD A WIRELESS AND ALSO A BLUE TOOTH MOUSE THAT SUDDENEDLY WOULD NOT  WORK.  THE LAPTOP MOUSE WORKS BUT THE OTHERS DO NOT THEY WON'T MOVE THE CURSOR OR DO ANYTHING, I EVEN TOOK BOUGHT A REPLACEMENT MICROSOFT WIRELESS TODAY THINKING THE OTHERS WERE DEFECTIVE AND IT STILL DOES NOTHING. I AM REALLY IN NEED OF A ANSWER.  I HATE USING THE LAPTOP MOUSE.  THEY BOTH WORKED AND THEN SUDDENEDLY WOULD NO LONGER WORK.  PLEASE HELP.

• I have the same problem as Smitty 1092.  I am using a Dell Precision 530 with XP SP3.  The mouse continually cuts out, then cuts back in.  As it does so, the computer sounds two beeps as the mouse disconnects and two beeps as it reconnects.   It doesn't matter what mouse I use, I've tried several, and it doesn't matter which USB port I am in.  This problem keeps getting worse as time goes on.  I'm am writing this post on another computer because the problem has gotten so bad it's almost impossible to use the other computer.

Any help would begreatly appreciated!

• i am having the exact same problem with several brand new out of the box optiplex 760 systems loaded with xp pro sp3 and all current updates ... computer goes to sleep and only keyboard will bring it out of sleep mode as mouse has stopped responding ... this problem does not seem to be limited to any one particular USB port and all the systems have the same silver wired USB mouse in common ... dell p/n 0y357c

identical systems with different mice do not seem to be exhibiting this problem

currently testing system with known issue using different known good mouse as i suspect this could be an issue with this particular model of  mouse (0y357c)

as of yet this problem seems to be limited to only a handful of machines but we shall see if this problem manifests itself anywhere else

• I have the same problem on my Studio 1555. My mouse works for a whilse, then stops but the power ligth is still on. In control panel, devices - it shows that the USB Human Interace has a problem - I disable it and re-enable, re-boot and then the mouse works for a while until I leave it for a few minutes.

I have two mice and both have same problem. I have tried it in all three USB ports with same issue.

I have gone into the USB port options and unchecked the "power saver" mode on each usb but there appears to be no way of saving this setting. Once re-booted, all usb ports have their "power saving" option re-checked and so it goes on..............PLEASE HELP ME...........as I am useless on the touchpad.