SELECTED BOOT DEVICE NOT AVAILABLE

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

SELECTED BOOT DEVICE NOT AVAILABLE

• This problem has been driving me mad, I have Windows XP installed on my Dell Dimension 8400 but it's filled upto the brim with Viruses, Keyloggers, Spyware the lot. So what I have done is, on my iMac have created two boot discs with DBAN ISO and a Ubuntu ISO. But when I try to boot from CD-ROM to wipe my Hard Drive all I got was 'SELECTED BOOT DEVICE NOT AVAILABLE'. I tried changing the Boot Sequence, but nothing I've tried has worked. Any ideas?
  • If you've never previously reformatted or replaced this hard drive, and this system was shipped after July 14, 2004, you can easily reset the hard drive to the way Dell shipped it by running PC Restore.

PC Restore wipes everything off the hard drive and installs a fresh copy of XP plus all the drivers and any software Dell installed. All personal files will be lost so you must back up on external media first. Don't forget your email address book and browser favorites list. ;)

Launch PC Restore by rebooting and pressing/holding Ctrl as soon as you see the narrow blue band at top of the screen. Quickly press F11 and release both keys at the same time. Follow the prompts. PC Restore will have you running again in less than 10 minutes!

<>Then get your firewall and antiiviral software running and then install XP SP3 and all other Microsoft updates ASAP so you don't get infected again.<>

<> 

Ron 

If this answers your question, please click  Yes  

Ron

Forum Member since 2004

I am NOT a Dell employee