Which graphics card for Optiplex 755?

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Which graphics card for Optiplex 755?

• SpeedStep!

Youre absoluetly wrong!

I have DT case, not a SFF

i have put a  gts 450(not low profile card) in my case, there is space enough, but i cant put back the sides, and for low proile card there is a lot of place

gts 450 works flawlessly without problems(tested with brutal games and benchmark)

280 PSU

but i want just a gt 440 but this hasnt got any power connector, so im afraid of the 25 W means it can supply max 25 W but its not sure because of the wikipedia:

Per Wikipedia: PCI Express cards are allowed a maximum power consumption of  25W (×1: 10W for power-up). Low profile cards are limited to 10W (×16 to  25W). PCI Express Graphics (PEG) cards may increase power (from slot)  to 75W after configuration (3.3V/3A + 12V/5.5A).

i will try soon with a gt 240 and if that works(this also hasnt got power conncetor), in that case there isnt any power supply limit

• BcSati

SpeedStep!

Youre absoluetly wrong!

I have DT case, not a SFF

i have put a  gts 450(not low profile card) in my case, there is space enough, but i cant put back the sides, and for low proile card there is a lot of place

gts 450 works flawlessly without problems(tested with brutal games and benchmark)

280 PSU

but i want just a gt 440 but this hasnt got any power connector, so im afraid of the 25 W means it can supply max 25 W but its not sure because of the wikipedia:

Per Wikipedia: PCI Express cards are allowed a maximum power consumption of  25W (×1: 10W for power-up). Low profile cards are limited to 10W (×16 to  25W). PCI Express Graphics (PEG) cards may increase power (from slot)  to 75W after configuration (3.3V/3A + 12V/5.5A).

i will try soon with a gt 240 and if that works(this also hasnt got power conncetor), in that case there isnt any power supply limit

Wrong about which?

All the 755's have the same slot issue.

As you get smaller it gets worse.

Wit a hacksaw or Tinsnips  you can get some cards to work.

12 inch cards will hit the heatsink and not go in.

75W is not available in the DESKTOP and SFF Case for a video card.

Many of the GT440 are too fat.  Using 65W vs 15W is the difference between running under and over current for the power supply.

Card Power Consumption
    HD5450  =015W
    GF210    =015W
    HD4550  =020W
    GT220    =055W
    HD4670  =065W
    GT440    =065W
    HD5670  =066W
    GT240    =085W
    HD5750  =092W
    HD6850  =130W
    GTX560  =156W

T

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here:

Dell - Unresolved Customer Service Issues

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

• <a target="_blank" style="display:block;width:300px;height:300px;text-indent: -9999px;background: url('') no-repeat 0 0;" href="">IMG_0367__2_.JPG</a>

its my 755 desktop with gts 450

there users who put gt 430, hd5670(60-70W TDP) to the PCI-E slot with mark 25 W and they have no issues, but i want to try it personally before buying a card and soon i will have the opportunity, i will write my experiences

furthermore, a guy said he put a ati 5750 with a riser card into his Desktop 755 case, just fit (there no free milimeters, but fit) so i will do the same if this the only solution

and the msi gt 440 fit in the dektop case

• 5750 is just 7,5 inches so it will fit

• Average User is not going to know how to use or find the Right angle Riser.  The slot is marked 25W so if you put a 65W to 75W card in there and the power supply fries everything thats your decision.      G5459 Riser  PCI/PCI-E  http://www.impactcomputers.com/g5459.html

Manufacturer Part# : YR943

Dell Part# : 430-2597

I'm not a Dell Engineer so I don't know how well if at all it works or should work.

The ASUS 5450 card I noted as universal works fine.  I have personally tried it in a Tower then Desktop then SFF and it works.

Using this Riser DOES NOT SOLVE the 2 slot issue with the exception of the DESKTOP may take it.

The TOWER, USFF AND SFF Cannot use this riser.

• BcSati

5750 is just 7,5 inches so it will fit

You need to Qualify your answer.

a 2 SLOT version of 5750 will not fit in ANY 755 model. (You might Squeeze it into the Riser card) Power Wise I have no reference.

IMHO its a bad Idea to use more than 25W card.

Wont Fit in USFF Wont fit in SFF.

May be forced in Desktop or Tower but may require Hacksaw, Tinsnips mods to go into single slot.

Cards that are too long will hit the heatsink.

The Picture Below is from the Mini Tower (MT)

Another Example of a 5750 that will not fit.

• They have just released the Radeon 7750 reporting a TDP of 55W:

http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-682.shtml

Do you think it would be a good graphics card for Optiplex 755 MT?

PS: Sorry for my English.
  • Yes.

AMD GPU Specification Comparison
      AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition AMD Radeon HD 7750 AMD Radeon HD 6850 AMD Radeon HD 5770 AMD Radeon HD 5750
    Stream Processors 640 512 960 800 720
    Texture Units 40 32 48 40 36
    ROPs 16 16 32 16 16
    Core Clock 1000MHz 800MHz 850MHz 850MHz 700MHz
    Memory Clock 4.5GHz GDDR5 4.5GHz GDDR5 4.8GHz GDDR5 4.8GHz GDDR5 4.6GHz GDDR5
    Memory Bus Width 128-bit 128-bit 256-bit 128-bit 128-bit
    Frame Buffer 1GB 1GB 1GB 1GB 2GB

• Will this be compatible with the stock power supply for the mini tower?  thanks!

Sapphire RADEON HD 6570

• msi gt 440 is compatible, it has a 85 W supply but runs in my DT case

• The Radeon HD7770 TDP 80W reports. If a manufacturer sold a monoslot HD7770 would suffice the 305 W POWER SUPPLY Dell OptiPlex 775? (with a power adapter for SATA / PCI-E 6-pin).

Thank you.

• I've been watching the hd7770, and all have double bracket. Do you know where you can get a single bracket for these graphics cards?

Sorry for my limited English proficiency.

• System012

Will this be compatible with the stock power supply for the mini tower?  thanks!

Sapphire RADEON HD 6570

Yes the 6570 and 6670 are fine with the 305W Tower Supply.

Single Bracket versons must be used OR the 2nd bracket metal cut off.