How can i find out the temperature of my Dimension E310's CPU?

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

How can i find out the temperature of my Dimension E310's CPU?

• Everest Home edition, Speedfan, Motherboard Monitor ALL fail to report the temp. of the CPU. Is there any way i can figure what it is?

Thanks in advance.

• You will have to use a separate probe and display for the CPU.  Many consumer model (except XPS model) Dell's do not have provisions for CPU temperature monitoring. 

I've seen several posts on here about Thermaltake temperature monitoring units.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• What is a "probe display?" What are these "Thermaltake temperature monitoring units" you speak of?
  • Its a hardware probe with a display read out that you place near the cpu.  I would not even bother with those.  I had a Dell for five years and no cpu sensor on it and did not worry about this ever.  Some go nuts about temp this and temp that to a point of worry. 

Your system is not a barn burner by any stretch, and is a basic system.  Those with high performance hardware for gaming and overclocking ones cpu, and video card normally have the sensors.

Just make sure you clean the dust out with a can of compressed air so that the system does not over heat.

Message Edited by SR45 on 07-02-2008 07:20 PM

Banchetto 101 Case-Less System

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6640/295gtx.jpg 

eVGA 780i Mobo

eVGA 295 GTX Video

8 Gb Corsair Memory

Thermaltake TRUE Black CPU Cooler

VelociRaptor 10,000 rpm HD

Windows 7 RC 7100

• The reason i need to know the temp is because i'm building another PC from scratch, and it's noisy. The CPU fan on it is loud, because the CPU temp is from 121-129° F.To me, the Dimension E310 is pretty quiet, and i want to know if that's because the temperature of its CPU is low. Although,  could it be because the CPU Fan on the Dim E310 is large? It's much larger than the stock fan that came with the Core 2 Quad processor on the other PC i'm putting together.

• It's probably the fan on the new PC.  I just recently built a new PC with an Intel motherboard and a Q6600 quad processor.  The fan in the Intel Heatsink/Fan assembly that came with the CPU was noisy.  I replaced it with a Thermaltake heatsink/fan assembly that is much quieter (and the fan usually runs at a lower speed).  My Q6600 "idles" at about 47 C and the fan at about 773 RPM, according to the Intel Desktop Utilities system monitoring program.

I am not a Dell Employee

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

• What is the name & model of the Thermaltake heatsink/fan assembly? 773 RPM?:smileysurprised: That must be quiet as a mouse. I take it the heatsink & fan are considerably larger than the stock fan, right?
    Message Edited by seskanda on 07-04-2008 01:39 AM
  • HERE us the unit that I got from CompUSA.

I am not a Dell Employee