E520 No Place To Plug In Mouse

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

E520 No Place To Plug In Mouse

• Hi:

I am really frustrated. The keyboard and mouse on my E520 need replacing. I have bought a Logitech keyboard and mouse wireless. There is no place to plug in the mouse - the old mouse plugged into a USB port. Where am I going to find a replacement keyboard and mouse. I want one that is wireless

I hope I am missing something and that this E520 does have a place. I cannot believe Dell would make a computer with a place for a mouse (PS/2) i think

thanks
    sarah
  • Thanks for your help.  I have already bought the keyboard and mouse so I will try to find the cable.

The keyboard is USB - only the mouse is Ps/2. 

My question is should I search for a USB to PS2  cable or a PS2 to USB cable.  I only need the cable for the one item, the mouse.

thanks for any help - i really want to go wireless soon.  Newegg only had a cable to work with 2 ps/2 - keyboard and mouse.

sarah

• Thanks so very much.  I have ordered the product from new egg you recommended.  I do not have Vista so I should be all set.   My heartfelt thanks - I have worried about this and have spent long hours trying to figure out a way to do this.

sarah

• Some logitech mice need an "active" PS/2 (mouse) to USB (PC) connector. The specs on this one don't say whether it's active or "passive", so I  hope it works ok for you.

Ron 

If this answers your question, please click  Yes  

Ron

Forum Member since 2004

I am NOT a Dell employee