xps one how to manually eject stuck cd

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

xps one how to manually eject stuck cd

• On my XPS 9100 desktop, it's hard to find the hardware eject button, so I use the Start menu ...Computer...right-click on DVD drive, click Eject.  

I also have to open it that way too.  Very long way around.  I know, I should make short cuts on the desktop, but I'm lazy.

Studio XPS 9100 Desktop Core i7 930 2.8GHz
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

1TB SATAII 7200rpm Hard Drive
    8GB RAM -ATI Radeon 5770 1G GDDR5 Graphics
    Realtek HD Integrated Sound
    16x DVD+/- RW Drive

• I'm not sure if this will work but it worked for me..Shut down your computer then restart. As soon as you turn it on start pushing the eject button on the side..The one that turns blue. Do this at a constant fast pace..

• If you have an XPS ONe ..all in one.. take the back cover off..(2 small screws at the bottom  and slide the cover off) on the CD drive there are 2 small screws holding up a cover with a wire ( the LED lights are part of that piece)...underneath that there is a black platic cover with a button,. next to it is a small hole..(it's hard to see, but it's there)  put in a paper clip end....you'll feel a spring type push back.. push.. the CD will then come out.. It worked for me...

• I was having the exact same issue. Finally was able to eject the disc. Re-start the computer and continually push the eject button. The disc ejected when the windows loading screen came up. Hope this works for the rest of you. Dell needs to get on this. It would be nice to be able to use my DVD/CD drive again.

• I had the same issue, after looking every where to get instruction to get the CD out. I decided to call Dell Tech Support and it did work.

1. Turn off the laptop

2. Turn on the laptop and press F2 several times until the setup menu come up

3. Then press the eject botton from the keybord, the Cd should come up.

Good luck

• I had the same issue, after looking every where to get instruction to get the CD out. I decided to call Dell Tech Support and it did work.

1. Turn off the laptop

Good luck

1. Turn off the laptop

Good luck

• Use zip ties to get it out - tutorial with pictures here: http://techblog.willshouse.com/2012/11/18/dell-studio-xps-cddvd-drive-stuck-solved/

• Hey, that's a cool trick. Have to remember that one.

• Item 2 worked for me on my Alien M18. The biggest issue I have wit the slot loading drives is the inability to eject a drive. Other than that I love my Alien and XPS.

Larry G

• tap f12 and choose diagnostics option. One of the cd eject test would run and eject the disc.

Mark my answer as resolved if your issue is resolved

Best Regards,

VeejDeej

Endorse me: http://goo.gl/C3567
    Dell user
  • I have the Dell XPS All in One 27", some DVD's / CD's just would not eject through menu's in Explorer. But the Fn-F7 keyboard combo did the trick instantly.
    John 

• What I did to resolve this issue, since there is no manual eject button (hole) for a slot loader is power off the laptop and then enter into the BIOS.

While in the BIOS, I pressed FN (next to Windows Key) with F7 together AND held the laptop upside down so the keyboard was facing toward the ground instead of the ceiling/sky as normal.

That worked like a charm and the CD ejected.

FYI, Trying to eject the CD in the OS is not helpful, since it is a stuck CD.

Enjoy all!!