Triple Display - Unsupported Video Configuration Detected - help!

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Triple Display - Unsupported Video Configuration Detected - help!

• I have a Dell Optiplex 745 and currently have dual display through a pci video card (Radeon X1300 series)

Anyway, I tried connecting a third LCD monitor to the motheboard's VGA connector and got the message I typed below. Is there a way to add a third display by having the third monitor connected to the onboard VGA?

Attention: Unsupported Video Configuration Detected

Action is Required

This computer has an add-in graphics card, but the monitor is plugged
    into the integrated video connector.
    To attach the monitor cable to the add-in graphics card:

1. Shut down the computer
    2. Plug the monitor cable into the add-in graphics card connector.
    This may require a video adapter or video adapter cable.
    (provided with the system)
    3. Turn on the computer.

Any helps is appreciated.  :smileyhappy:

• I am sorry to say, but plugging a monitor into the motherboard's VGA, while having an add-in (discrete) graphics card is what I would say "illegal" (just came to mind). 

Believe me, I tried it myself, with no luck. The Radeon X1300 Series I believe barely supports dual monitors, and the integraded VGA can only be on when no cards are installed. Before I upgraded, I had a X1300, and it was horrible then on only one monitor! (totally my gamer's opinion)

My advice is to either get a better card, or to ditch the 3rd monitor. I have gotten a new graphics card since then, that supports 2 monitors, a TV, and rocks while doing it, but unfortunately, it's PCI-Express, not PCI (or is yours PCI-E? I haven't seen the 745 to tell.) Whatever it is, I see those as your 2 choices.

Hope this clears the air a little!

-Kyle

Message Edited by saintjimmy14 on 03-14-2008 10:15 PM
  • Intel designed the chipset so that adding a PCIe videocard into the PCIe 16x slot disables the onboard video.

So if you want triple monitor you'll need to go dual videocard or look for a videocard with more than 3 monitor connections.

Member since 2003