Forums

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Ethernet Controller Drivers Dimension 3000

• I had to do a reformat on my Dell Dimension 3000. In my Device Manager it is showing I'm missing my Ethernet Controller Drivers. Where can I download these drivers for my Dimension 3000?
    Shutter Lady
  • Shutter Lady

All of Dell D-3000 downloads are here,

Bev.

===================================================
    Please don't send me questions about your system by DCF Messenger.
    Post the issue in the appropriate Board, where they will be answered.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• shesagordie wrote:
    Shutter Lady

All of Dell D-3000 downloads are here,

Bev.

And you need to do the CHIPSET driver first.  Asked several times a day...

With over 30,000 posts (through early 2007), Rickmktg hasn't bought a Dell computer since July 2005, but has bought two Lenovo laptops...   

http://www.rickmktg.com/delltalk.htm

• Thanks for the link. The response was fast. This is my first time on this forum.
    In the message below it states I need to do the CHIPSET driver first. Can you please explain why?

Shutter Lady
  • Thanks for the reply. I went to the download site. I know this might sound stupid, but I not sure which to click on. Do I download the IDE and EIDE Controllers for the Ethernet Controller?  This is the first time doing a reformat by myself and I would like to make sure I doing things right.

What does the Chipset drivers have to do with the Ethernet Controller driver? 

What does the Ethernet Controller have to do with the running of my computer?

This is a new learning experience for me and my first time here on the forum.

Shutter Lady

• Shutter Lady wrote:
    Thanks for the link. The response was fast. This is my first time on this forum.
    In the message below it states I need to do the CHIPSET driver first. Can you please explain why?

Shutter Lady

Because it's required for the other drivers to work.

With over 30,000 posts (through early 2007), Rickmktg hasn't bought a Dell computer since July 2005, but has bought two Lenovo laptops...   

• Shutter Lady wrote:
    Thanks for the reply. I went to the download site. I know this might sound stupid, but I not sure which to click on. Do I download the IDE and EIDE Controllers for the Ethernet Controller?  This is the first time doing a reformat by myself and I would like to make sure I doing things right.

What does the Chipset drivers have to do with the Ethernet Controller driver? 

What does the Ethernet Controller have to do with the running of my computer?

This is a new learning experience for me and my first time here on the forum.

Shutter Lady

You download the NETWORK driver for your ethernet.  It has  nothing to do with the running of your computer, it has to do with your ability to connect to either a home network or a router or a cable modem.

• Thank you for your helpful infomation. I will download the chipset and IDE controllers for my 3000 Dimension this evening after work.  I will also browse the forum this evening to read more on related topics here in the fourm. I've had my dell for 2 1/2 years and this is the first time I've needed to ask for help, only because I did a reformat by myself with no help.

It seems to be running good and is connecting to the net via Cable, so that is why I was asking about the drivers that were showing in my device manager that did not seem to be installed.

I have a disk for my cable drivers, but I guess the Ethernet Controller Drivers must be different from the ones on the CD disk for my cable. If you could direct me to a link that would explain more on this that would be great.
    Shutter Lady

• Shutter Lady wrote:
    Thank you for your helpful infomation. I will download the chipset and IDE controllers for my 3000 Dimension this evening after work.  I will also browse the forum this evening to read more on related topics here in the fourm. I've had my dell for 2 1/2 years and this is the first time I've needed to ask for help, only because I did a reformat by myself with no help.

It seems to be running good and is connecting to the net via Cable, so that is why I was asking about the drivers that were showing in my device manager that did not seem to be installed.

I have a disk for my cable drivers, but I guess the Ethernet Controller Drivers must be different from the ones on the CD disk for my cable. If you could direct me to a link that would explain more on this that would be great.
    Shutter Lady

You can waste your time downloading the IDE drivers, but since they aren't needed there is no reason to.  Your cable company can't possibly know the drivers that your Dell needs, hence the reason to get the drivers from the Dell site.  You are likely connected to your high speed via usb, hence the reason that the ethernet port isn't an issue. 

• I am having the same problem as this thread talks about. I have gone and tried to use the downloaded software from the links. After searching this forum, I saw one post that said there is a specific order that must be followed in order to install the correct software.

My question is this: Since I did not follow the exact order, do I have to start all over again (reformat the C:/drive again and then follow the order of installation - or is there a way I can start with the original disk and begin again from there?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!