Dell Optical Wheel Mouse

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Optical Wheel Mouse

• I am unable to set a function for my wheel button on my Dell Optical wheel mouse. It is DP/N OCJ339. I am using a new Dimension 3100 with XP Home.

When I go to the mouse settings through Control Panel I can adjust the settings for wheel scrolling but there are no options for the button (double-click etc).

I am unable to find an updated driver on the Dell website.

Please help! Thanks.
  • Try a driver from the Microsoft site....

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=76e870ec-5779-426f-bca6-d528861e8935&DisplayLang=en

Be Well,

Julie

Founder, Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing (S.N.E.R.T.s)

My Workhorse: Vostro 1500 Core2 Duo T7500, 2 GB RAM- increased to 4 but only 3.75 or so showing...

Dual-Boot 03/29/09: WinXP Pro and Vista Ultimate Product Red

• Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that and it didn't work. Not sure if that's because I have a Dell mouse and the Intellimouse software is for MS mice.
  • I'm sorry; guess I thought it was a Microsoft mouse for Dell.... who is the manufacturer for Dell, then? Can you get a driver from them?

Be Well,

Julie

Founder, Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing (S.N.E.R.T.s)

My Workhorse: Vostro 1500 Core2 Duo T7500, 2 GB RAM- increased to 4 but only 3.75 or so showing...

Dual-Boot 03/29/09: WinXP Pro and Vista Ultimate Product Red

• Dell doesn't manufacture mice. They use mostly MS, so it should work. Install the Intellipoint software.

Message Edited by Mary G on 08-03-200605:35 PM

• I did try Intellipoint, it didn't work. It did give me the option to select a function for the wheel button but it woudln't actually do the function when clicked.

This mouse is Dell branded all over but it has a separate manufacturer part number of M056UOA and says made in China. Anyone know who makes these for Dell?

Message Edited by duplicate2 on 08-03-200606:19 PM

• It might be made by Logitech.

Look here and see if theres one that looks like your rodent:
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/categories/US/EN,CRID=1792

Val
  • If it is the same as mine, it is a Logitech - says so on the back.  Model# M-UK DEL3

I cannot get my wheel button working for the double click feature and I cannot get mine to accept the latest logitech driver, either.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

• I have a M-UVDELL1 optical wheel mouse.  I downloaded and installed MouseWare from Logitech and it allowed me to use the wheel functions. I'm on Windows 2000, but they have drivers for every platform...make sure you select the right one.

Try this:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/CA/EN,CRID=1792,contentid=9518

• I have the same problem and the same DP/N as the original post: OCJ339 I have no functionality with the scroll button (it scrolls fine but I want to change the click to a double click) Does anyone know who manufactures this mouse? Are there drivers I can install to allow me to modify the scroll button?
  • I requested this information from Dell technical support one week ago.

They have not bothered to even respond to my question.
  • Update:

After two ignored requests over a two week period for technical support, I escalated the request.

The "highest level" of technical support. Had me look on the "Utilities and Drivers" CD-ROM for the full driver. It wasn't there. He had me install a driver for a different model of mouse, and of course that didn't work.

Then he told that he'd researched it and learned "the mouse wasn't designed for scroll wheel double-click capability." This isn't correct, the scroll wheel has button functionality. What may be correct is that Dell has chosen to not provide a driver that will enable the mouse to do what it was designed to do.

And the rep sent a new mouse to me. Which I don't need. And which I must now mail back by either meeting the delivery driver here (taking off work) or I must drive it to their drop-off facility. Either that, or they will charge me for the replacement mouse I didn't ask for, don't need, and doesn't solve my problem.

Needless to say, I understand all the complaints about Dell service. This was my fourth Dell computer and fifth monitor, and perhaps my last.
  • I also have Model# M-UK DEL3, and cannot find any solution for the double-click use of the wheel button.  But I can tell you that my mouse is made in China and has Logitech stamped on it.  If I had an optical mouse instead of this ancient ball mouse provided by my workplace, I'm sure I wouldn't have this problem.  Dell doesn't seem to have a solution, and I've been coresponding with Logitech for 2 months.  Their exe solution doesn't work, and I waiting to hear if they can provide a way to just "update" the driver.  The microsoft provided logitech options cause my PC to immediately reboot causing a system error.
  • I did get the Logitech exe driver to work only once.  But when I rebooted my PC, it went back to the microsoft provided HID-compliant mouse driver.  I think it has something to do with our network boot script(s).
  • Try looking in the UK  for the mouse driver. That's if it has a UK stamped on it somewhere. mine has UK plus Logitech inc. stamp on the bottom but i'm still searching for the driver update. If I find it I will Post it in the next hour.

Try Google UK or http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/internet-explorer/products/ie/home   and try searching from here. In browser type the model # or try this one [mouse m-UK dell3]