multimedia rt7d30 keyboard driver

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

multimedia rt7d30 keyboard driver

• I received a Multimedia RT7D30 Keyboard from dell as a replacement for an old Keyboard. The keyboad did not come with any drivers and I am unable to use the hot key features. Does anybody know where I could get these drivers?
  • I'd like to know this as well. I have this keyboard which came with my Dimension 2400 about a year and a half ago. Not long after setting up my new PC, I programmed the hotkeys with applications I use frequently. I now want to change one of the buttons and now there is no way to do it.

I even tried installing the drivers from my original "Drivers and Utilities" disk without any luck. If I did this once, I should be able to do it again! I have not formatted my HD or had any problems in the time I've owned my Dimension 2400 to cause these drivers to disappear and can't figure out why installing them from the disk doesn't work either.

Kurt B
  • I use the Dell R44838.EXE file from Dell on my Dimension 8250 system.  I used this software over the last 2 years with no problems and full functionality of the USB 8-Hotkey keyboard that also has a volume control on the upper right corner of the keyboard.

Search Dell for that file.  I use that driver package on an 8250 system running Windows XP Professional.  I don't know what results you will have running those drivers on a non-Windows XP system.

Rich4Four

• That driver does not seem to work for the Optiplex 280. When you try and install it, it brings up the audio controls screen. Does anybody know where I could get a driver for the optiplex 280.