Keyboard spacebar and letter "B" not working. Verified another keyboard in PS2 port all keys ok.

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Keyboard spacebar and letter "B" not working. Verified another keyboard in PS2 port all keys ok.

• Hi,

I have this assert tag 29W1B1S, I suppose it is still under warranty.

I have discovered that some keys on my DELL DIM2400 keyboard are not functioning.  I did check that these keys are not jammed, they still bounced back upwards when pressed.

The spacebar and letter "B" are not working.

I have verified using my old keyboard in the PS2 port. All keys are working fine.

I tried looking for DELL service support tel number and still could not reach DELL.

Please help and advise how can I seek repair and service or a replacement keyboard where possible.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Alan Loh
    Singapore

Message Edited by aL-HomePC on 12-29-2004 12:51 AM

• aL-HomePC,

You should be able to find the correct number for Dell support in Singapore in the user guide that came with your system.  You can also chat with Dell Tech Support at this link:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/en/chat?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

You can also directly e-mail tech support at this link:

https://support.dell.com/support/supportrequests/create.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&request=true&s=dhs&~ck=mn

Steve

• Thanks Big Bro!

Tried calling the only number listed for sgp technical support : 800-6011-051 but line is not valid...

As for the asset tag - the USA website asked me to re-enter with a valid one.. Not sure why..  I found the assest tag on the sticker at the back of the desktop.  It is also listed in my computer-system tab.

Btw, do you know if the keyboard is under 1yr warranty as well?

Thanks,
    Alan Loh

Message Edited by aL-HomePC on 12-29-2004 12:52 AM

• aL-HomePC,

I cannot tell you what Dell's warranty terms are in Singapore.  Normally, all of the hardware that came with your system (computer tower, monitor, speakers, keyboard) are covered by the same warranty.  If you purchased a 1 year warranty, and your computer is less than 1 year old, then the keyboard should be covered by the warranty.  As for a tech support number in Singapore, I cannot help you there.  You could chat with Dell Tech Support or Customer Care from this link:

Or you can e-mail Dell Tech Support from this link:

for info on a correct support phone number in Singapore.

Steve