Chipmunk sound

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Chipmunk sound

• I have an optiplex GX150 and all sound in my computer sounds like the chipmunks. All sound is sped up does any one have advice on how to fix this problem? I have tried everything.
    Thanks Ed Sullivan
    Suldevan@surfbest.net

• nt = No Text

• Thank you for visiting Dell|Talk. I think this is a Windows 2000 specific issue, and the reinstallation of the motherboard chipset driver should correct it. Please click here for reinstallation instructions, or contact Dell Technical Support for personalized assistance.

Big Smile

• I have had this problem for months, finally, with no help from dell, i fixed it myself. My soundcard is a Sigmatel STAC 975x ac97. I downloaded the file ' Vinyl_AudioCodec_v620b_M ' from http://www.epox.nl/downloads/drivers/products/?product_id=406
    and manually installed the file ' vinyl97.inf ' from the WDM folder to replace the sigmatel audio driver. It said a few things about this file not being signed by xp but i continued, and it worked!!

This is a driver for a different card but it cured the problem for me, this driver also worked on my desktop computer's Avance ac97 soundcard, so i hope it will work on a few more.

XPS gen2
    1gb RAM
    GeForce 6800 Ultra (with nvidia's beta 81.87 driver installed)
    17" Widescreen
    Sigmatel ac97 Audio (with vinyl v.620b codec driver installed)