Speaker Hook-Up

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Speaker Hook-Up

• My configuration is below. I have a 6 speaker (5.1 setup) connected to my soundcard. There are three connection from the speakers: front, rear, and center from what I remember (I am not at home at the moment). How do I hook up to my card correctly? I have the center going to digital I believe? Anyhow, I matched the colors of my speaker connections with the soundcard as I beleive there may be some sort of standard?

They work, but I don't want to blow the card out of the slot! Thanks for your help.
  • Yes, newer 5.1 speaker systems and sound cards have a color-coding scheme. The Front speakers should have a green connector, the Rear speakers a black connector, and the center/subwoofer channel a yellow connector. These will connect to the appropriately colored jacks on your Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 sound card.
  • So, they should be plugged in in three spots? Do you have a diagram of the jacks for this soundcard?
  • - So, they should be plugged in in three spots?

This depends on your speaker system. If the speakers shipped with a placemat, there should be a diagram outlining the recommended connection setup.

- Do you have a diagram of the jacks for this soundcard?

Yes; a diagram of your sound cards inputs can be found here.
  • Thanks. I don't believe it was on the placemat, just said to use the soundcard and not the onboard connections. The diagram is how I have them set up, they do work, so I guess I am okay.