Audio for Destop Optiplex 755 win 7

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Audio for Destop Optiplex 755 win 7

This question is answered

Hi everybody,

My destop Optiplex 755 has a problem with audio driver. The operation system is windows 7. 

Do you have drivers for this audio device? 

Can you help to solve it?

Thank so lot,

Verified Answer
  • Dell has both Vista 32 bit and 64 bit drivers.  These will work with Windows 7. 

Click Me

Suggest you first install the listed Intel motherboard chipset drivers then the Dell sound driver.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• my problem has been solved!

Thanks

All Replies
  • Dell has both Vista 32 bit and 64 bit drivers.  These will work with Windows 7. 

Click Me

Suggest you first install the listed Intel motherboard chipset drivers then the Dell sound driver.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• my problem has been solved!

Thanks

• Curious about how your problem was solved? Details?

With my Optiplex 755, 64-bit Windows 7 professional, I downloaded the 64-bit Vista audio drivers, when I went to install them, got the message "the audio driver files do not support your computer hardware" this was after a fresh reboot.

So, I tried downloading the Intel 'multi-device' driver, all 84 mb of it. Expanded it and ran the setup.exe, and got: 'this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." Again, after a fresh reboot.  (I was logged on as local and domain admin.)

When I called Dell support I was told: 'Dell can't afford to keep developing drivers for new operating systems for their old computers.' Which would make sense except that this computer was 2 years old, still in warranty, when Windows 7 came out.

• The main question is about an audio driver but it didn't mention the output used.  The only one on the back panel is analog.  Is there a place in the PC where you could tap a digital out?

• problem resolved -- turns out that you can disable the onboard audio via the bios setup. That had been done on this PC. Once that was corrected, Windows 7 found and installed the Microsoft drivers, and it worked properly.