Urgent!!! ***Audio driver for Dell dimension 4300 running on Windows 7***? - Audio - Desktop - Dell Community

Urgent!!! ***Audio driver for Dell dimension 4300 running on Windows 7***?

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Urgent!!! ***Audio driver for Dell dimension 4300 running on Windows 7***?

This question is not answered

Hi, I just upgraded my Dell dimension 4300 which was running on Windows XP pro to Windows 7 32 bit. Everything is working fine except my sound. I cannot see my audio driver through system information or anything. So I had to open my CPU tower and found out that my sound card is Sound blaster live model CT4780. Can anyone please tell me how do I use this card with windows 7. I don't know if it will work with Windows Vista driver and I couldn't find a driver for it. I went to dell's website and that driver didn't work, probably was not compatible with Windows 7. Now in my Device manager setting I see these drivers with question mark
- Ethernet controller
- PCI simple communication controller
- Multimedia audio controller
My bios is A04. Can anyone please help me with that. I searched everywhere possible for a solution, but couldn't find one. I will really appreciate if someone can save me.
Thank you

All Replies
  • Dell DOES NOT support Vista or Windows 7 on this old model PC.  In fact, I'm surprised it even works in Windows 7. 

If you want sound you will have to replace the sound card with a new card that is compatible.  Even Creative (SoundBlaster) does not support that card for Vista or Windows 7. 

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with ASRock Z77 Professional, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive.  Sonar Platinum Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.