how do I get volume control icon back on desktop taskbar

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

how do I get volume control icon back on desktop taskbar

This question is not answered

I accidently removed the program that puts the volume control icon on my desktop task bar.  Does anyone know how I can get it back?

All Replies
  • What Model PC?  What Operating System?  What Sound type?  Without that we can't give you specific information on your PC - too many different Dell models.

General suggestions, (1) Use the System Restore and restore the PC back to a date before you did what you did.  That MAY take care of it.  If not you will have to reinstall the Dell sound driver. 

System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• thanks for answering me.  I have desktop pc, windows xp, I am not sure what you mean by sound type.  I can't adjust the loudness of sound when I plug in my headphones to the computer.  hope this helps.  I think what you said about reinstalling the sound driver is what I need to do.  Where do I get the driver?  I tried to restore to previous time, but it has been a while and I don't remember when I did it. I also tried to reinstall microsoft office 2003, because I had to completely redue the whole system because of a virus.  But when I used the reinstall cd to put office back on the computer, it said it was missing a component and couldn't do it.  Any ideas?  Thanks! 

Liz

• If I'm not mistaken, you can just visit the Control Panel (via the Start menu), go into the Sound control panel item, and look for the checkbox item that says something to the effect of "Show Volume icon in taskbar". It may be in different places depending on what operating system you have.

For XP, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices, and look for it on the Volume tab. Check the box, click OK.

• can someone help with my audio sound devices

• dell computer cooperations

pc model number :dhm

• You have malware there isnt a program for the audio its a driver.

Dimension 8250  model DHM.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.