Dell Speakers drivers not working.

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Speakers drivers not working.

This question is not answered

Hi, I just installed Windows XP SP2 version 2002 on my Dell Dimension 5150. Everything went fine, except, when I tried to install drivers for my speakers:, my systems said (translated) "Your system is not compatible with these drivers". I tried installing drivers from the Dell Resource CD, I tried downloading the drivers, but I got the same error over and over. Could someone please help me? Thank you in advance.

Inigo

All Replies
  • I have an E510 which identical to the 5150.

What "speaker" drivers?  There are no speaker drivers.  Do you mean the Sound (Audio) drivers?  

If you did a new install, the correct and required install sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Intel chipset drivers (3) Install Device Drivers including the Dell SigmaTel audio driver, video, ethernet, etc. 

The Chipset Drivers MUST be installed BEFORE installing the Dell SigmaTel Drivers, and the Dell SigmaTel sound drivers must be used, not other SigmaTel drivers.

If you can't find the drivers, they can be downloaded from the Dell Downloads.   Click Me

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• " I tried installing drivers from the Dell Resource CD, I tried downloading the drivers, but I got the same error over and over."

Yes, I could find the drivers. And yes, I did mean the audio drivers.. Or just the drivers that make the sound come out of the speakers. I will try to see if I have installed the chipset drivers.

Thank you for your fast reply.

Inigo