dimension 3000 driver sound in Windows 7

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

dimension 3000 driver sound in Windows 7

This question is not answered
I installed Windows 7 RC, but since windows log on does not have sound. My question is this: is there for sound drivers for windows 7?
All Replies
  • In the absence of Windows 7 drivers, the Vista drivers will work (W7 is basically a reworked Vista).  I have used the Vista drivers on my Windows 7 RC1 install without problems. 

However, Dell DOES NOT support Vista in this model so there are no Dell drivers available.  There may be a generic audio driver somewhere but in most cases, if there is no Dell driver you are out of luck.  You would have to install a PCI sound card that does support Vista/Windows 7.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• and where is the driver of Windows Vista?

Edit:

I buy The Sparkle 9500 GT PCI edition (Cool)
  • Hi Sk821, If you have a sound card, then try the manufactors web site. However, if you are using the onboard sound chip, then you will have to wait for the final release of Win 7 to get the driver. But if your system is old, getting a driver off retail win 7 might be a problem. It could mean you will have to wait till dell release their drivers to dee whither or not you will get a driver.

EDIT: Found these sound drivers from Intel HERE, why don't you look through them. You will need to know what chipset you have, so your manual is HERE.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

• My onboard audio is from SoundMax (Model: SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio; From Analog Devices, Inc.)
  • Hi, Have you looked at this web site HERE.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.