No supported device found XPS 410 can't install sound driver

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

No supported device found XPS 410 can't install sound driver

This question has suggested answer(s)

Help,

I recently changed hard drives on my desktop Dell XPS 410 computer. I had to reformat the new hard drive and reinstall everything. After reinstalling I was able to get all of my drivers installed except my integrated sound blaster driver (driver R127097 on the Dell website). Everytime I try to install the driver it says "No supported device found." In the device manager under other devices it shows a yellow question mark next to PCI device. That is the only yellow question mark found in the device manager. Here is a list of things I have tried to resolve the issue.

1. Uninstalled the PCI device in device manager, reboot, browse to the downloaded driver from the Dell website.

2. Uninstalled the PCI device in device manager, reboot, let Windows and the internet search for the driver automatically.

3. Tried to install the driver by clicking on start, run, and browse to the driver that way.

4. Reformatted computer again and make sure I installed the chipset driver first and then install the sound driver.

5. Put in headphones to see if I could hear sound or music. No sound, no music.

6. Went into sounds in the control panel to see if it was muted. Everything is greyed out.

7. Went into add/remove programs to see if the software was there to uninstall but nothing was found there.

8. Tried installing the driver in device manager by double clicking the PCI device with a yellow question mark and then install the driver that way.

Nothing has worked. Everytime the installation of the driver starts it says "no supported device found." The speakers worked fine before the new hard drive so I am not quick to beleive that the sound hardware broke after putting in the new hard drive. My sound hardware is the Creative Labs Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy advanced HD audio. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks!

All Replies
  • If you have the optional SB Advanced MB software enhancement to the integrated audio, you must first install the drivers for the integrated audio.  This SoundBlaster product is ONLY a software enhancement.

If you haven't done it, install the SigmaTel (Integrated Audio) drivers and that should give you audio.  Then you should be able to install the SoundBlaster software.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• Your AWESOME! I was just about to buy a new sound card tonight but decided to check the forum first to see if anyone replied. I tried what you recommended and it worked. I had seen the Sigmatel option listed with the other 4 Creative lab options and thought it was a driver for another type of sound card...because it did not say Creative Labs. So, I installed it without a problem and then installed the Creative lab software and I am up and running. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

• Thanks for the feedback and that it's working.

I knew about this as it has come up many times.  Dell is not clear on the Audigy Advanced MB option and most assume it's a SoundBlaster sound card of some type, rather than just a software add on.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.